TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:48 pm 

Hey Guys

I have a 1991 turbo 3Cyl and just got a Stage 3 head package from 3 Tech and it is so good. :D The head I sent in was cleaned ported and had new valve guides put in as well as a 3 angle valve job. The guide he used are on of the industies best I was told at the engine shop I had it assembled at. A big cam was put in it lift .375 dur 226 some of the cam bearing had to be machined away to fit this beastly cam. Stainless steel exhaust valves were put in withstand higher exhaust temperatures. The head was also shaved down to a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio and the icing on the cake that make it all work so well is the 10* advance cam sprocket.

When I brought the head to the engine shop where I was having it built they were very impressed in the final product 3 tech put together. Most of all they were shocked at the Low Price. I was quoted on a stock reman head at $300, That was at shop cost! :shock: For all the extra stuff I wanted done the shop wanted nearly $700. So I got a much better 3 Tech head for less :D

When I intalled it is where all the fun began :P . 3 Tech really knows what they are doing when they put this package together. The only word that came to mind when I first drove my car with the new head was WOW. Before the car was mild mannered, now it was like a crazed worker gone postal. :D I left on stock boost to see the difference and I was so impressed with the addition in power and torque through out the power-band. I have not gone over 4000rpm yet (break in) and the difference so far is worth every penny. Night and Day wow type of difference. It idles nice and low and now has a nice deep toned grumble. It never bogs or has flat spots, power is always there.

My boss who drove a 10.3 sec chevelle and now a 450hp racecar was really impressed with the pickup and go when he test drove the car. He doesn't call it my "sewing machine" any more. I still get 45 MPG IN THE CITY.

I can't wait to turn up the boost and rev this thing to 7000rpm where the cam was ground for. :D

I encourage anyone thinking of modifing there car to get the head done. It causes so much restriction and has so many HP hidden away in it. 3 Tech has a really good set up with the Stage 3 head package its worth every penny.

3 Tech I found shows lots of Integrity in their pricing and workmanship, I recommend this company everyone who want reliable go fast quatilty parts.
:D

DAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:34 pm 
Deadbeat
Deadbeat

only if the 16 valve sohc cost as much as the 3 cylinder....i have the money from graduating money, but i have to use that for getting ready for college i cant blow it all in one place

intake/header/exhaust/cams/pulley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:40 am 

I'm glad to hear your satisfaction as my plans included the same setup. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:33 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

I've got the mk1 version installed, still have to sort out the idle/timing a bit, but wow, there's definately something lurking under the hood, we'll see what it does after the clutch is replaced, it won't even remotely hold onto the engine anymore.
Quote:
Cylinder head build sheet

Guides: Bronze/manganese (honed to size)

Seals: Viton

Valves
Intake: +.5mm oversize OE style quality replacement

Exhaust: +2.5mm oversize One piece stainless steel

Ports
Intake: bowls ported, ports smoothed and polished

Exhaust bowls enlarged, ported, smoothed, and polished

Gasket surface .5mm (.020") removed

Cam(s) installed Lift Duration at .050"
Intake: .395" 226
Exhaust: .395" 226

Cam sprocket(s): none/stock

Comments/special prep.
Valves lashed, assembly lubed

Excellent low to midrange power, 2k-7k, nice mild idle. Good street/track
package.

it lopes like a heavily built v8 right now ... and my calipers were saying that the valves were even larger then the stock ones i had by more then the specs would indicate ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:56 pm 

Quote:
my calipers were saying that the valves were even larger then the stock ones i had by more then the specs would indicate ?
Can you get me a set of those calipers? :D