TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:26 pm 

I just recieved my Suzuitech front strut brace with the integral engine mount. This thing is gorgeous. Very well engineered and built.

It cost me $332.00 USD this price includes express shipping from Australia. I recieved the brace in 4 days! :shock:

For US buyers you need to either use Western Union or do a bank to bank wire transfer as I did for payment.
The Suzitech staff are top noch pros' and were very helpful and patient.

The engine brace does not transmitt harsh vibration to the interior like the "poly" rear engine mounts tend to. There is only a slight judder on initial startup but then nothing. I have the Super-Pro rear engine mount and it is killer for vibration. I highly recommend this product and no, Suzitech is not compensating me for this very enthusiastic endorsement. I just love this product! :D

-Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:30 pm 

Um, could a moderater move this thread to the "Product Reviews" section please? :oops:

-Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:56 pm 

Yah the Suzitech brace is really nice but you must have wanted it bad to pay $104us in shipping. I guess that makes since as I talked to them a couple of years ago and they said it would cost almost as much to ship it as what the brace cost (conversion rate was better then).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:06 am 

You assume much SYL23. I did not pay $104.00 US for shipping. The $332.00 I paid reflects the cost of the brace, express air shipment and a rather stiff $35.00 international wire fee my bank charged. :shock: I could have easily used sea shippment that would have cost just a few bucks. Using Western Union would have further reduced the cost. I don't want anyone to be discouraged from ordering one of these braces, it is a pretty good deal and worth every American dollar. If you have more patience than me, the $332.00 price I paid will be considerably less. :) Then again, I do live by the motto ,"drive it hard, drive it fast, expensive after market parts will make it last!"

The price is not so high when you consider you're getting a two-in-one piece. Strut brace and a engine brace. That's all I have to say about that! :)

-Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:08 am 

I'd like to see pictures of it installed so I can make something similar. 8)

1991 Swift - Parts car (gone)
1990 Swift - Parts car
1997 Metro - Parts car (gone)
1993 Metro - Parts car
1989 Swift GTi - Parts car
1998 Metro - Parts car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:38 pm 

That sounds good as I have looked at this strut brace for some time. I alway thought this was te best looking and quality unit presented.
But this costs!

Put up some pictures as their pictures are not that clear.

2010 Equator White
2000 Solara convert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:02 am 

Sorry about the lack of response guys but I am out of town visiting my family and my Mom uses dial-up. :shock: Hey Holz email me here rogelio.rawlins@verizon.net and I will tell you what you need to do to get one of your own.
P.S.- pics of the brace can be found in my personal gallery.

-Rog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:00 am 

I got one of the Suzitech strut bar myself (handcarried from Australia back to save cost) during my trip to Down Under. Met up with Pete @ Suzitech and he is a real nice guy.

Not so harsh in terms of the vibration but performance improvement is indeed much better, especially during launch and hard shifting. Worth the money if you are a hardcore driver (like most of us).

If you are thinking of making one yourself, I would advise not to as it takes up too much time to engineer a proper product. The difference is the engine brace itself which has 2 poly bush that soak up some of the engine vibrations and yet give rigidity to the engine during hard shifting/launch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:31 am 

What sort of difference did the strut brace make to your handling guys? Reduced body roll ect?

Was the engine steady easy to install? It hangs off the strut brace right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:16 am 

Sorry Gards been away for a while. The Suzitech brace no doubt does the job its intended to do. Helps to keep suspension geometry in tact in high load coners etc. Looks the business! The main thing that impresses me is the integral "engine steady" as Suzitech calls it. I have another GT with the Superpro rear engine mount and it for sure keeps the G13B from moving. I must say that the Suzitech brace offers just a tad more engine play which is not a bad thing. My GT with the Superpro mount transmitts more engine vibration into the cab of the car. The Suzitech brace get my vote for its "all in one" design....you gotta love that!

-Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:34 am 
Certified (nuts)

Hey Tsusuki,

I also has the SuperPro rear engine poly mount and it sends alot of vibration to the interior through the firewall.
Does this brace eliminate the vibrations.

Having installed the poly bush a couple of months ago...it has quietened down alot compared to when it was 1st fitted!!
Dont even notice it anymore...im jus used to my mobile vibrator!!!
The chicks love it aswell!! :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:19 am 

Hey G10,

Nah, the Suzitech brace does not eliminate the in car vibration. It's just less noticeable than the Superpro bush. You are right about the Superpro bush, I notice it less as well. Really, I'm not bothered by the vibration....it's the passengers who tend to be annoyed by it. Laters....