TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:36 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:05 pm 
MuE Patient Zero/The Link Man

This is the purchase for those who really wanna feel the road!

Above are the 4 packages i recieved roughly 1 month ago from Whiteline Automotive, in Australia.

Included are: (Whiteline Product numbers):
KCA302
SPF0673-70K
SPF0955K
SPF1411K

I through out the packages and i lost the e-mail (read. deleted) with the descriptions, so i can't describe which is which, but you might be able to make out the descriptions on the packages in the picture.

Regardless, what i do remember, is when i ordered, i got the KCA302 kit, which is essentially described as a Caster Kit, and then every rear bushing i could buy for the rear, minus the swaybar endlinks (cause i plan to upgrade that eventually :roll: )

KCA302 adjusts your caster 4 degrees, which is suggested in THIS ARTICLE they had featured many moons ago.

Now before you ask, i didn't install them myself. I couldn't be bothered to even ATTEMPT this. And i was right to think so, when i brought it to the shop, they had a HELL of a time getting the old bushings out, and had the car on the hoist for almost 2 days!
The install was expensive at best, but i realize now it could have been a month without a car if i had tried this myself. Money WELL SPENT!

Here are some pics of just the front stuff. (notice the spacers for caster change, really they are just washers :P)

(Please note, the black bar in the picture is a lower strut bar, and obviously won't look the same for some of you)

That aside, this is the important stuff.
The bushings are AGRESSIVE, like i said earlier, if you want to FEEL the road, and i mean truely feel every little minute bump and hole in the road, these are the bushings for you.
The car was noticibly stiffer and the suspension just seemed like it was doing a lot more, cause it was no longer riding on the soft pillows of beat up rubber that were my old bushings.

I had the shop do an alignment to the specs of the article as well, and i have to agree that this is REAL handling for the suzuki. The car really tightens up and feels so much more responsive on the hole.
But MAN is it a rough ride, the slightest bumb and the car seems to get airborne, which can be an issue around corners with high speeds.

Still, this was a fantastic purcahase, and i would recommend it to anyone willing to spend the money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:14 pm 

I too, did these bushings on a SHOT swift GTi suspension, along with a front strut bar, H&R lowering springs, KYB GR-2 struts, 19mm rear sway bar, and outher stuff. In short, my baseline was not really attainable. However, as an occasional autocrosser, and daily driver, my car is now awesome-neutral(or very near)handling, very acceptable(slightly cushy, even) ride, and no squeeks-yet. I do admit, I like a stiff ride, but find this setup a great street compromise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:08 pm 

you will get used to the stiffer ride after some time. should get the oversized front n rear sway bars along with the poly bushes that came with it. :D