TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3-Tech Underdrive Pulley
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:46 pm 

Just recevied it today. Made an extra trip into town to see how it felt. Underpants dyno approves! Although I am driving a n/a 3 cyl, I can feel a difference in acceleration. Engine revs quicker. 1st and 2nd rev like a tuner and revs through powerband quicker. If you keep your expectations within the reach of the 1.0 you will not be dissapointed. I'd buy it again.

I was in Mexico and I spoke to their people. They are not mad at us. They are mad at the Estados Unitos. And they are really mad at the el Presidente Estados Unitos. He he. Boy am I glad I am not him. -Bush on Conan O'Brien

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:23 pm 

so you can feel the difference in the pedal?? im looking into it more about getting one...seems like a great upgrade..but i am not sure if me having subs hooked up will affect anything!! well if anybody knows if subs will be affected my mind is made up..sub will be gone:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:02 am 

I've been pulling weight from the car as opposed to putting more in. I have no track time to substantiate acceleration claims. The engine does rev a little quicker. I'm accelerating from a stop, past familiar land marks, faster than before. All the fun is in 2nd and 3rd gear in these 3 bangers.

As for the subs. Leave them in, put the pulley on and review it here. You can always remove the subs later.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the alternator might not be able to keep up with your system with the underdrive pulley installed. Check with the guys on The Ultimate Stereo Talk forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:54 pm 

yea thats what i was thinking too about the alternator...my dad was an automechanic in his earlier days, be4 i was born..and after having a lil chat with him thats why i decided to ask!! i will have a chat with the people on the ultimate stereo talk asap! thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:59 pm 

Couldnt you just get an overwound ALT for something like 100+ amps, then even at a 25% less rotation your still getting more out of the alt for you stereo?

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:50 pm 

well, the area where the underdrive would hurt would be at idle, where alternators only do 25-35amps. The alternator doesnt give it's peak amperage output until it's at a higher rpm. So the Alt voltage will still be lower at idle with the UD pulley, regardless of how 'big' the alternator is.
-Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:01 pm 

i recieved on of these in a trade with a fellow teamswifter and it made great improvements. i noticed a big difference right away.