TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:10 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:06 pm 

One thing i have noticed about these plugs is they tend to glaze quickly on me...

-Front lowered 2", euro taillights with LED light bar, clear corners, CAI, 31x10.50 Rear tire swap
1993 Dakota
- All stock, big ol v8 beast. Wanna buy it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:17 am 

I have noticed that when I ran the +4 plugs the 1.0l was just not running right. It sounded and acted weak. I ran it with them for 500 miles and pulled all three plugs out. They were still white as can be with everso slightly browned on insulation. It looked as if it wasnt even burning the fuel. I then went to store and bought the standard Bosch ones, not the cheap super Bosch ones. And it runs nicely now and screams again. I will pull these ones out here when I cross the 500 miles mark in a week or so and see what they show. I passed smog with all my numbers for CO and NOx showing 0.01ppm which is great. I use to run Splitfire plugs on my old 92 Geo and they were the best, but now it seems they are not offered anymore.

- 89 Daihatsu Charade CLX 1.0L MPFI 3cyl 5spd (*SOLD*)
- 01 VW Beetle GLS 1.8L Turbo (*SOLD*)
- 63 Datsun NL320 Sport Truck 4x4 (Converted by Me & Son)
- 04 GMC Yukon (Fam Hauler)
- 92 Suzuki JR50 (Fun Tiny Dirt Bike)
- 84 Dodge B350 Royal High-Top Van (Heavy Item Hauler)
- 92/94 Geo Metro's (Rebuilt & Sold)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:10 pm 
A legend in his own mind

Geod wrote:
I have noticed that when I ran the +4 plugs the 1.0l was just not running right. It sounded and acted weak. I ran it with them for 500 miles and pulled all three plugs out. They were still white as can be with everso slightly browned on insulation. It looked as if it wasnt even burning the fuel. I then went to store and bought the standard Bosch ones, not the cheap super Bosch ones. And it runs nicely now and screams again. I will pull these ones out here when I cross the 500 miles mark in a week or so and see what they show. I passed smog with all my numbers for CO and NOx showing 0.01ppm which is great. I use to run Splitfire plugs on my old 92 Geo and they were the best, but now it seems they are not offered anymore.

I had great success with splitfires as well..and they worked great in a hemi-head design.

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 am 

The multi-ground electrodes seem to be spaced to far from the center tip. I may try to readjust the other Bosch +4 ones and see how it runs. It just allows the spark to find the least resistance path for a spark at the moment its pulsed. They dont really MAKE power, just higher efficiency.

My engine is completely stock with 145k miles and stock timing at 5BTDC and I can roll around on 5th gear no pinging. I do always run a 2" exhaust to a stainless muffler that uses a removeable silencer that helps it run better. It can take quite alot of cars out there by surprise.

- 89 Daihatsu Charade CLX 1.0L MPFI 3cyl 5spd (*SOLD*)
- 01 VW Beetle GLS 1.8L Turbo (*SOLD*)
- 63 Datsun NL320 Sport Truck 4x4 (Converted by Me & Son)
- 04 GMC Yukon (Fam Hauler)
- 92 Suzuki JR50 (Fun Tiny Dirt Bike)
- 84 Dodge B350 Royal High-Top Van (Heavy Item Hauler)
- 92/94 Geo Metro's (Rebuilt & Sold)