TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:31 pm 

My mechanic recently installed these on my car
and I noticed the pedal feel is much firmer than
it was before. Good upgrade if your old stock
lines are getting tired.

I purchased them online via parts@raceshopper.com
1-800-733-8380
Model: 1989 - 94 Swift GTi, GT
Part # SUZ-1100
Quantity: 4
Price paid: $104.00 US

Shipping was free in the US only. I had them shipped to a friends
place in Pittsburgh where I picked them up when I went for a visit.

Rickster (Rick)

Last edited by Rickster on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:59 pm 

Ok - as some of you already know - I bought Techna-Fit stainless steel lines for my Swift 1.3 GLX which has rear drums, ordering directly from Techna-Fit.

There was a bit of a hiccup with the wrong rear lines being shipped, when contacted Techna-Fit were very prompt in rectifying the error, and shipped out the correct rear lines.

What I received were a very attractive set of braided stainless steel flex lines, protected by a clear plastic coat - the ends appear to be crimped and protected by a black plastic boot. From what I read these minor details are quite important as the plastic coat prevents debris from getting in between the stainless steel braid & the teflon inner hose, where it can abrade the teflon causing failure and the plastic boot acts as a strain relief to prevents the crimp from failing because of flexing.

The rear flex lines are a direct replacement for the original lines requiring only the mounting clip to be reused. The front lines are slightly longer than original since they can be used with both styles of front struts - there are two "mid-line" mounts, you simply use the one that suits the strut you have. New banjo bolts and copper washers were supplied for the front lines, so again only the mounting clips were reused.

Enough about what you get - how does it work - well, I bought these to replace an OEM line that was developing a "weep", so it does a tremendous job at that - I need to put a few more miles on it before I report further, but there is a definite difference, a sort of crisp precision in the way the pedal feels.

Pedal travel is about the same, but there seems to be less travel between where the brake starts to engage and how much further you can depress the pedal, which I assume is caused by the reduced expansion as compared to the original lines.

Edit...

Many months later - what is there for me to say - my new brake lines work as expected, and I'm quite pleased with the purchase.