TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:44 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:25 am 

Well me and a buddy of mine installed H&R springs on his 1999 metro yesterday and i must say I am ver impressed with them. They were very high quality looking springs, and they fit perfectly. Install went smoothly, except the the bolts attaching the bottom of the front struts to the steering knuckle were stuck on. I made the decision to just cut them and buy new bolts/nuts and it saved a lot of time.

I must say that the stance of the car looks a lot better and more aggressive. It looks nice and low, but if you bounce the springs you notice you still have a lot of suspension travel.

My driving impression is that the springs made the handling of these little cars even better. I thought the metro handled like a go cart before and now I'm just blown away at how easily it manuevers around tight, fast corners. Even on the stock 13" wheels lol!!

His future mods include the underbody brace, wider wheels/better tires, short throw shifter, a head package for his g10, and a suzukird header and exhaust.

Mike

Working on making some fast 3 cylinders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:39 am 

H&R's were the 1st thing I did to my 98. The stock springs felt downright dangerous. The H&R's made a big difference, and I don't feel like the car is going to roll over now when I turn a corner. Great bang for the buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:50 pm 

I am trying to decide if I want to swap from cut stock springs to the H&R springs (29803-2) for the Mk5 body. (at least I think its a mk5, 98 swift)

Can anyone if this setup post up some before and after pics... if not that, at least after pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:04 am 

Go with the H&R's. When you cut the springs, you just end up with the same goofy springs, only now their shorter. Cutting springs may give you the look you want, but wont do anything for performance, besides moving your center of gravity down a little bit. I'll try to post pics, although I have winter ties on the front right now. A little unflattering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:53 am 

Oh I completely understand what cutting springs does... but this car came with the springs already cut. It actually doesn't ride too bad, but its not quite as firm as it could be and a little floaty.

My previous cars were all lowered with lowering springs or threaded body coilovers.

I have only had this car a couple days, so things will stay as they are for a short bit... but springs are something I wanted to consider... and I cannot seem to find any pics myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:00 am 

Another thing I just thought of... for you people with the H&R springs, what is the center wheel to wheel well arch measurements for front and rear?