TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:21 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:58 pm 

Hi there,

Anyone know where I can buy Tom's Rally chip? The web site http://www.occracing.com/ doesn't seem to be working.

Many thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 pm 

You could try and get in contact with Vela on the board. Maybe he can help you out.

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:50 am 

Thanks.

I got in touch with Adam via email (bigbigbear@shaw.ca). OCC Racing's current web site is http://members.shaw.ca/bigbearzuke/ts/index.htm

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:28 am 

Does anyone here actually remember "Tom"?....That was a loooong time ago that he, and his white Gti used to haunt this board....he even had that car full of Calmini Swift parts (now THAT is old!)

I believe he was a computer tech (?) and was making copies of the chip himself. he must have bought the chip from somewhere originally, and I think it is ironic the "legendary" status of the "Tom's chip"...

All in all, a great guy, who has done A LOT for the community by providing us all with this resource. I doubt he even knows about his cult status, but I am sure he would smile....

BTW: I bet most of the chips you see now are second, or third (or more) generation copies of the original....copying always leads to errors!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:12 am 
King of Pompous

tc2468 (Tom) still pops on the board every now and again but I don't think he's posted in a long time. IIRC he sold the Swift a year or two ago.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:54 pm 

Hi, I have relative stock engine now, I'm looking for some chip.
now I have sport air filter and in future I will mount better cams..

Tom's chip seems to be good one, but can I run it with 95 octane fuel, or I must use 98/100 octane fuel ?

Thx
BonfireCZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:57 pm 

You can get 100 octane at the pump?

*jealous*

I'm pretty sure that 91 octane is the "minimum" octane level you want to run with a chip in there.
With 95 octane you should be juuuust fine. Unless the octane system is different in the Czech Republic from here in North America.

Kyle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 pm 
Suzuki Elder

Dr Kuzuki wrote:
....the "legendary" status of the "Tom's chip"...

BTW: I bet most of the chips you see now are second, or third (or more) generation copies of the original....copying always leads to errors!

adam willems actually bought the technology and license from tom and sells the eproms from OCC Racing.

the code is not corrupted. he actually owns the original code and each chip he burns is a 1st generation copy of it. he has fought courageously in the past to keep pirates from selling cloned chips on ebay. if you don't buy the eprom directly from him, as stated, the cloned copy may be corrupt.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:34 am 

l4mbch0ps wrote:
You can get 100 octane at the pump?

*jealous*

I'm pretty sure that 91 octane is the "minimum" octane level you want to run with a chip in there.
With 95 octane you should be juuuust fine. Unless the octane system is different in the Czech Republic from here in North America.

Kyle

:) yes, in europe is different octane calculations, lowend fuel is 91 for old cars, normal is 95 octane, and we can buy 98 octane or 100 octane fuel, but it is for newest cars or newest ECU with detonation sensor

in my car specs is recommended 95octane fuel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:53 pm 

Where can you buy the chips now? I emailed big bear but the reply came back it's 'not him.' (!)

occracing.com website is up but the email goes nowhere.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 pm 
'zuki addict

I sent an email weeks ago, got no response. He must of moved onto greener pastures.

http://www.bdmotorsports.net

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
Dr Kuzuki wrote:
....the "legendary" status of the "Tom's chip"...

adam willems actually bought the technology and license from tom and sells the eproms from OCC Racing.

the code is not corrupted. he actually owns the original code and each chip he burns is a 1st generation copy of it. he has fought courageously in the past to keep pirates from selling cloned chips on ebay. if you don't buy the eprom directly from him, as stated, the cloned copy may be corrupt.

But how can one buy if he doesn't respond to emails?
Vela also moved away from the swift. I don't know if he still visits the board. His chip IIRC has the same rally program.
But there's a better chip now==> SANDROS CHIP. GET THAT.

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 pm 
King of Pompous

instant_shine wrote:
But there's a better chip now==> SANDROS CHIP. GET THAT.

Theres at least one member here who has had nothing but problems with his Sandro chip...still waiting to hear if it ever gets resolved.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 am 

I've sold a few, and referred at least a half dozen customers to Sandro for his chip, with no problems.
My Nephew runs one in his GT without any issues.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 am 
King of Pompous

I'm sure theres been a few dozen out there with 0 issue...but there is one that I know of and Sandro has done nothing to rectify the problem...he's too busy with life apparently...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:48 am 

Does everyone that uses these 'toms chip' have the 'blurp' noise from the exhaust?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:02 pm 

Which problem are you referring to that i have rectify??? please update me because i don't remember having any problems with my chips? If your referring to the chip that i sent to Almotorswift, he thought i sold him a fake chip, basically another Tom's chip but i would never do that. The chip he received is the same 210/340 chip that i have sent to everyone else...I hope he still doesn't think that...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:36 pm 
King of Pompous

Yes it would be the chip that doesn't make its claimed redline yet stops exactly where the Tom's chip did. I don't have every detail because it happened long ago but he did post it in the feedback section a couple of months ago but never got a response or a chip that redlined at the claimed RPM. I believe he even posted a video of it. I suppose he may think that you sent him a fake chip since he has said you have not managed to send him one that does what you claim.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:12 pm 

All the chips i have sold have the same cutoff, around 8600 rpm. When my tuner did the dyno tuning his dyno program was showing that the car was actually at around 8800 rpm when the chip would hit the limiter. this is why I was saying that the chip's limiter is around 8800 rpm. Even in my car the limiter would hit around 8600 rpm. I've always said to him that if he doesn't believe me he can buy a cheap chip reader and look at the programs of both the toms chip and mine. As for a response on the board, I've sent pm's back and forth with him to try and reassure him that what he got is the dyno tuned chip that was in my car. This is why i didn't do anything to rectify the "problem" because there was none. i hope this settles your concerns about my product/s.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:28 pm 
King of Pompous

swifty92 wrote:
All the chips i have sold have the same cutoff, around 8600 rpm. When my tuner did the dyno tuning his dyno program was showing that the car was actually at around 8800 rpm when the chip would hit the limiter. this is why I was saying that the chip's limiter is around 8800 rpm.... hope this settles your concerns about my product/s.

From here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26270&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25

swifty92 wrote:
the chip has a 9000 rev limit on it.

That was the concern of Dan's. If you guys have worked it out then great. When he was originaly trying to get somewhere with it he came up with nothing. Don't forget I posted that back in August. Regardless..you did say it was a 9000RPM limit in your original post and now its limiting 400RPMs shy. Will it make a huge difference? Probably not. Did the buyer expect a 9000RPM cutoff like what he was told? Yes.