TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:59 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:15 am 

well, after a long wait and a few crude drawings, the harness bar is here.
a fast half hour to install and your ready to fly. this thing uses all stock holes and no modification is required. the one thing that i do suggest, is a getting one slightly longer bolt where the lap belt bolts to the exhaust tunnel (the seat bolt just pokes its head out and liam and i felt better with a longer bolt.)

after the install i went to a civic meet and the guys were all over it; well, that and the SSgti seat. (is it just me, or is that the one thing that honda guys drool over?) one guy was surprized that Sparco made one for the swift. i just said that well, it might look the same, but i am sure that this one is better. (hehehehe)

the only thing that i regret is not having a 3" 5 point harness, i found that with the 2" 4 point, i tend to lift up the lap belt as i tighten the shoulder belts. it got a little uncomfortable during the 2 50 minute lapping sessions i had last weekend.

for any sort of racing that you might do, i highly suggest you get one. even if you are not in to racing, it looks great and you can keep your back seat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:01 pm 

ok how can i get hold of the harness bar??????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:12 pm 

i can see if its fits in the box that i am sending you T3 mid wing in and get MURR(liam) to send it to me and i can add it to the box?

i will talk to liam this week.

sound cool?

matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:39 pm 

Id also like to purchase one, since my turbo 3 is nearly done! how can I get one!!??

MSD 6al control, coil, wires.
2" exhaust from the hollow cat back
Short throw shift
front & rear strut bars
lowered 1.5"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:46 pm 
MuE Patient Zero/The Link Man

Welp, for those of us with some patience, a very annoying voice... and a lot MORE patience, you can own own of these fancy shmacy things. I think liam is getting into a lot more of a regular constuction of them too.

It's killer easy to install. And it looks great.

I havn't hooked up any belts yet, but one thing i do LOVE about it, is the way it takes up the entire back seat of the car :) Hear me out.... people always ask for a ride to the bar or something with me, i say i can take one person, the back seats cannot be used cause the car is too low. They all say i'm being stupid and get mad and one or two will force themselves in. Now i just say, yeah sure.... get in. Then smile as the slam there leg on the bar in the way :) Damn shame... sorry guys.

Anyways, it's absolutely top notch constuction, and the fit is perfect, you should expect nothing less from liam though.

Here's some pics that show it can fit with a rear seat in, no problem, other then that they are horrible pics taken while the car was in a dark garage for storage... i'll see if i can get some better ones when i get some belts in.

If you want to get one yourself, talk to liam i suppose?

Thanx again Liam!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:33 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

Come on man! You still have your rear seat in your car. That's practically an invitation for people to try and bum a ride. :razz: Now in my case with no rear seats, I know some nutty people, that even after I tell them the car only seats two, they still wanna sit on the floorpan. What's up with that? :huh:

BTW, your harness bars look wicked. 8)

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject: Harness Bar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:38 am 
Teamswift Racer

Hey guys

The harness bars are now here. The first part of the new year, I will be stocking the bars for immediate shipping.

All bars are painted black, come with Plated Heim Joints, Stainless Fasteners, Fully TIG welded, and all components are built fully in Fixtures.

This is a complete bolt in unit. No cutting. or trimming. Only 4 washers are removed from the seat belt bolts.

For more info please email or PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:56 pm 
MuE Patient Zero/The Link Man

Lihtan wrote:
Come on man! You still have your rear seat in your car. That's practically an invitation for people to try and bum a ride. :razz: Now in my case with no rear seats, I know some nutty people, that even after I tell them the car only seats two, they still wanna sit on the floorpan. What's up with that? :huh:

BTW, your harness bars look wicked. 8)

I have the rear seat, cause i don't have tint.... i don't have tint, cause i don't want people to think i have stereo worth stealing, which i don't. In fact i have wires that lead to what WAS a stereo in the back, so everyone THINKS it already was stolen. Best theft protection yet.

Anyways, without a rear seat, in the back a blue car looks pretty ghetto, and my car is certainly not ghetto, like firefly1003's :P (j/k d00d)

Bar changes ALL that, i'm so happy :)

Last edited by Mustard on Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:34 am 

yeah, i heard that! buit i have tint to mask it a little.