TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:27 pm 

UPDATE 01/11/2008: I sold my GTI samurai in the year 2006. After doing the swap I would recommend against it. The small displacement of the 1.3 doesn't make enough torque at lower RPM for anything besides stock tires.

Either way, I put all of my information files into one ZIP folder. Please only download if you are already attempting the conversion. If the bandwidth usage from the file starts getting out of hand I'll have to pull it down.

It is a total size of 300+ MB

The file contains:
-Swift GTI service manuals and wiring diagrams
-Suzuki Samurai service manuals and wiring diagrams
-Misc gauge cluster diagrams for doing the speed sensor and check engine light wiring
-a small video of first and second gear in my samurai.
-a readme with some of my opinions and what I did to overcome some common issues.

You still have to figure out the wiring on your own, but all of the needed information is in this file. I can't remember nor do I want to remember the specifics of the wiring.

Use the following link:

http://www.bambuilt.com/images/swiftswap/Suzuki_Samurai_Swift_GTI_swap_archive.zip

I will most likely never be back to this website, so PM'ing me won't get you anything.

Thanks and good luck on your swaps.

END UPDATE

I just thought I would create this thread to show all potential samurai gti swappers in the future the issues I have had to deal with. I've done a TON of searching on many forums all over the net and gathered quite a bit of information. I'll compile all that information into one thread here.

First, the engine you need is the 89-94 g13b or g13k dohc engine. The earlier ones are stamped g13b, but have g13k in the serial number, while the later ones are stamped g13k (I'm pretty sure of this).

With the engine you will need the following:

Complete longblock, pretty much you want the entire engine assembly out of a swift gt. This includes
-engine
-complete head
-intake manifold
-throttle body
-metal coolant tube along back of engine
-distributor
-alternator (not sure if samurai one is compatilbe or not)

Not needed with the engine are the following, as you will reuse the samurai version of these parts.
-oil pan and pickup
-starter
-clutch assembly/flywheel
-throttle cable

Sensor wise you will need the following. Most of them excluding the speed sensor and MAF sensor will be with the engine assembly
-ISC sensor
-TPS sensor
-MAF sensor with MAF housing
-Coolant temperature sensor
-Radiator fan switch sensor
-Speed Sensor (note, the speed sensor is on the inside of the odometer from the swift gt gauge cluster. I will outline instructions on how to remove it later in this guide)

You can use the following sensors from your samurai engine or the swift engine as they are compatible.
-o2 sensor
-oil pressure sensor
-coolant gauge sensor

Wiring wise you will need the following. note than if you have an 89-91 engine you need 89-91 wiring, 92-94 engine means 92-94 wiring.
-Complete Engine wiring harness, this is the harness that connects to the sensors on the engine and to the ECU.
-Complete Main wiring harness. This harness connects to many different things throughout the swift gt. It has headlight wiring, some dash wiring, and some engine wiring. It travels through the engine bay, then into the dash, and then back out into the bay.
-Complete underdash wiring harness, this harness has the heater wiring, gauge cluster wiring and some misc wiring on it.
-Swift GT main fuse block
-Swift GT engine bay fuse/relay block
-Swift GT ECU, not sure on the codes but 89-91 are F3, 92-94 are supposedly different.

.....to be continued. gotta head to class right now

Last edited by bambbrose on Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:29 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

Gonna make this one a sticky too. Feel free to edit the first post and do the complete run-down on the samurai swap :) +karma!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:24 pm 

I'm finishing up this swap tonight and then I'll begin working on the complete writeup.

Post subject: very interested
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:05 am 

Im very interested... Im planning a swap on my sammi, just not sure what yet! Either a DOHC 1.3, or the usual 16v 1.6, but I have also seen that the sidekick sport comes with a 1.8.... something Im going to look into. I will be keeping tabs on this thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:08 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

updates ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:30 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

I PM'd him a couple weeks ago about updates and I never heard back. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:58 am 

please guys i want MAF sensor for g13b plz help me out, please guide me from where i can buy maf sensor. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 am 

hey guys, LONG TIME since I've been here.

I figured I'd stop by and throw all my information down.

I'm uploading to my website a ZIP file with all of the diagrams I used along with some suggestions and everything else.

It's got the samurai FSM, swift gti FSM, and cluster wiring diagrams to do the speed sensor stuff. From there it is pretty straightforward.

I no longer own my old sami but I do see it running around 3 years later now. Still going strong.

The zip is around 300MB so please only download it if you intend to use it. I'll add it to the first post when it finishes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:39 am 

Someone on the Dutch Suzuki Tuning Club forums (www.suzukituningclub.nl) has turbo'ed a 1.3 16V in a Samurai.

Maybe that (or supercharging) is interesting for the boys who are missing torque?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 pm 

GeoZukiGTi wrote:
Gonna make this one a sticky too. Feel free to edit the first post and do the complete run-down on the samurai swap :) +karma!

theres no need to edit.

thanks for the idea bro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 pm 

(EXCUSE ME ).... Just saying Hi and THANK YOU to bookmark this thread... bout to do this to our Samazuki... :mrgreen:

AHM NOT AN AHSOE!!! DO I LOOK LIKE AN AHSOE!?!?!?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:09 am 

Hi there, I have an unregistered Suzuki Swift GTI that I'm taking the engine out for my sierra and I was wondering if anyone here has that ZIP file as I could REALLY use it. That would be fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:48 am 

I would be very interested also, I have a Gti motor w/ everything except the maf sensor that I want to put in my Sammy. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, do the maf sensor/housings interchange between the g13 's ? Gti stuff is hard to come by in az