TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:46 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:01 pm 

well i started with a geo metro 3 banger and recently bought a genuine swift 95 with a 200,000 miles crapy motor. i found a sweet g13 efi motor from a local junk yard beginig to be turboed with twenty nine thousand original miles. i snaged the harness lights cpu and motor i already pulled both motors and primerd the engine bay tomorow ill be going back to the junk yard for more parts before they crush it the hardest part was the harness in the 95 i finally got it out next weekend the motor should be in with a rebuilt trans and new clutch. and then im removing the head to have it port and polished with a three angle valve. job im going to change the internals to top end only then the turbo pics coming soon any advice and comments welcome

Last edited by RICE-R on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: pics
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:45 am 

her are a few teaser pics of my new to me swift. one with original motor and one where i pulled it out i also primered the engine bay and removed its old harness tomorow ill install the new one lights and motor then back to the junk yard for the dash doors and fenders as you can see its sporting my old black geo door that was hit a few weeks ago.

and yes the car is under a shady tree and at a rual location ..lol

Post subject: more progres
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:54 pm 

i shot 4 coats of primer in the bay before instaling the new harness. and went back to the junk yard for the starter and original dash seems mine was a lil tore up .. the new one looks way beter still having a lil trouble with the harness seems i nee to go back to the junk yard for the rear harness.. and now i have to find a egnition pigtail that plugs into the fuse box i dont wana splice the original but if i have to i have to i guess
here is ssome more pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:40 am 

I don't know if putting weight on the wheel bearings without axles is a good idea. Might be OK if you're not moving it much like that.

1991 Swift - Parts car (gone)
1990 Swift - Parts car
1997 Metro - Parts car (gone)
1993 Metro - Parts car
1989 Swift GTi - Parts car
1998 Metro - Parts car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:02 am 

you know i didint even think about that :shock: but i nedded to move the car back to lower the motor. well since i im buying new lower ball bearings and stabalizers i can get the wheel bearings aswell, maybe ill just take the whole stering knuckle from the junk yard donor car thankz for bringing it to my attention :) and does anyone know if the trans from the 95 swift will match up to this motor. it would be a waist of money to have my flywhell shaved and balenced before realizing things dont match up ..lol and could i use a gti clutch ? if so which year ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:51 am 

Rolling it a few feet is probably OK. But sticking large bolts with nuts through there wouldn't be a bad idea. I use the ends of some bad axles that I took apart. Perfect fit. :)

1990 Swift - Parts car
1993 Metro - Parts car
1998 Metro - Parts car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 am 

i will just put it back on the jack stands. you know i didint even tighten the stering knuckle to the strus that well either just ran the blots threw looking back im wondering if i bent ant bolts im going to have to swing by that house and jack up my swift before i go to work. i see that im not the onlt person who did the 1.3 sohc swap in there swift or geo.. how did yours turn out notice any gain in power ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:33 am 

The swap itself went great. The swap, plus what I did to the 1.3L, should give me at least 20-25 HP over the 1.0L. But the engine isn't running so great. And I need to deal with other stuff like brakes, so I haven't really been able to drive it. I need to put it all back together and register it, I've been working on the damn thing on and off for amost 5 years. :oops:

My misfiring thread:
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=25477

1990 Swift - Parts car
1993 Metro - Parts car
1998 Metro - Parts car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:18 am 

that is why i hate tbi and pulled it out of the swift and bought the efi version way easier to turbo it the piping and flang willl set me back around 300 bucks. i hope to have mine paint and body ready within the next couple of weeks i have a guy that will port and polish my head for a hundred with a flow bench test. i want a better clutch over stock but im not sure where to get one localy, i heard about the gti clutch but not sure if it will work or not . did you ever fix the misfiring prob ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:10 am 

Still misfiring the last time I checked. :?

I believe you can use the GTI clutch, but I don't know how much better it is.

1990 Swift - Parts car
1993 Metro - Parts car
1998 Metro - Parts car

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:51 am 

RICE-R,

How is this swap coming along? I am considering this swap myself. Is your 1.3 EFI an 8v or a 16v? What did you do about the trans? Is it a 5-speed from the 1.0? BTW, nice lights! I got a set of those for my '96. Gets rid of the cheap looking sealed beams of the non LSI Metro.

LMK, Shimaze

PS> got any pics of the new motor in the car?

• 2001 S10 Xtreme
  • 1996 Impala SS
  • 1994 Camaro Z/28
  • 1988 Honda NX650
  • 1980 Honda PA50
Shimaze's cars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:59 am 

the swap is taking a while due to work not enough time to go play with it. but the swap is relativly easy, i bought the motor for 350 usd, at the junk yard its from a 01 swift. i snanged the harness too. if your going to do the same swap u will need the complete harness for this swap unless your good at figuring out wich of the original wire goes where. and the motor is a 16 valve im waiting fot my clutch to come in i already resurfced the flywheel. and as far as the trans, Im going to use the original trans from the 95 swift, it was a 1.3 tbi 5 speed it blots right up. the only problem im having is finding the wire harness from the stering wheel to the fuse box. that controls the blinkers and ignition and etc....... and the fuel pump wiring is diff aswell so i have to make another trip to the junk yard for the fuel pump... :? ill post more pics when i get to do more on it...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 am 

Bleh gave up on doing anything with this car. got another neon when i sold geo
and well went back to dodge everything suzuki i have is for sale........

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am 

Dang! Why did you give up?