TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:12 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 pm 

Just trying to find out info in regards to a list i found a while ago in regards to doing this conversion. The thing is i cant find it. So ive created a new one.

I own a 1991 W/T Suzuki Sierra 1.3L JX.
Ive purchased a MK1 GTI motor and loom and ECU from RobboK off this forum as well as a fuel VL Fuel pump.

Ive created a list as follows:
- Sierra Clutch/Flywheel and pressure plate.
- G13b MK1 Suzuki GTI Swift motor
- G13B MK1 Wiring Loom
- Electric Fan OR Use the Sierra Water Pump and orginal Fan.
- GTI Exhaust Flange and custom extractors/exhaust.
- MK1 ECU
- Mazda 1989 (not 1990 and above) 323 GTX 1.6L Turbo Distributor Cap AND rotor button. (Is this all i Need???? If not what else?)
- VL Fuel Pump (Will i need a Surge tank and/or small inline fuel pressure pump??? As in one high and on low pressure fuel pump?)
- Use Sierra Sump onto bottom of G13B (As Swift Sump hits??? Correct??)
- Run a Return Line line from the fuel rail to the tank. (Use the original Feed line???)
- 4L of (5W30 to 10W40) Oil (Im guesing it will use approximately 3.5L of oil) and corresponding oil Filter.
- High Pressure Fuel Filter
- EFI fuel hoses (replacing all original rubber lines) (Or use the Sierra???)
- Run a Radiator hose to the thermostat? (Or is this for only later versions MK2/3???)
- 5-7L of Coolant
- New Spark Plugs
- Mitsubishi Astron Thermostata housing (P/N W022A)
- New timing belt so not to replace it later and pulling the motor back out.
- Longer Starter motor and Alternator Lead Lengths??? (is this true or are they on the same side as the orignal Sierra Carby motor????)

Thats all ive got info from doing hours of research,
What other bits and pieces do i need? I really just want it to go smoothly and to complete it in about a couple of hours. Im a mechanic by trade so should be able to work most of it out myself. Plus the wiring should be quite easily also.

I know its a relatively easy conversion but ive got a feeling im going to forget something half way through that i should of bought.

I know i have asked a lot of questions but if someone who has done this conversion please send me an SMS on 04 10 756 872 and ill call you about it. It would just help if i could actually call someone regarding the install.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Regards,
Stewy (04 10 756 872) Newcastle

P.S the G13BA (or whatever is in my car) tested 160psi on the first cylinder and pretty much 110psi on the rest)... bad joo-joo seeing standard Compression should see 200psi in each cylinder :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:47 pm 

You seem to be on point with the info you have collected.
What is a mitsubishi astron?? and what years can you use. Most cars are named something else in this part of the world.

You might want to upgrade your motor mounts while you have it out. The mounts from a dodge truck with the 318 motor fit, and are 10x stronger.

check this thread for all info.

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,2674.0.html

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am 

MADSUZU wrote:
Just trying to find out info in regards to a list i found a while ago in regards to doing this conversion. The thing is i cant find it. So ive created a new one.

I own a 1991 W/T Suzuki Sierra 1.3L JX.
Ive purchased a MK1 GTI motor and loom and ECU from RobboK off this forum as well as a fuel VL Fuel pump.

- G13B MK1 Wiring Loom
- MK1 ECU
- Mazda 1989 (not 1990 and above) 323 GTX 1.6L Turbo Distributor Cap AND rotor button. (Is this all i Need???? If not what else?)
- VL Fuel Pump (Will i need a Surge tank and/or small inline fuel pressure pump??? As in one high and on low pressure fuel pump?)
- Use Sierra Sump onto bottom of G13B (As Swift Sump hits??? Correct??)
- Run a Return Line line from the fuel rail to the tank. (Use the original Feed line???)
- 4L of (5W30 to 10W40) Oil (Im guesing it will use approximately 3.5L of oil) and corresponding oil Filter.
- Run a Radiator hose to the thermostat? (Or is this for only later versions MK2/3???)
- 5-7L of Coolant
- New Spark Plugs
- Longer Starter motor and Alternator Lead Lengths??? (is this true or are they on the same side as the orignal Sierra Carby motor????)

Thats all ive got info from doing hours of research,
What other bits and pieces do i need? I really just want it to go smoothly and to complete it in about a couple of hours. Im a mechanic by trade so should be able to work most of it out myself. Plus the wiring should be quite easily also.

I know its a relatively easy conversion but ive got a feeling im going to forget something half way through that i should of bought.

I know i have asked a lot of questions but if someone who has done this conversion please send me an SMS on 04 10 756 872 and ill call you about it. It would just help if i could actually call someone regarding the install.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Regards,
Stewy (04 10 756 872) Newcastle

P.S the G13BA (or whatever is in my car) tested 160psi on the first cylinder and pretty much 110psi on the rest)... bad joo-joo seeing standard Compression should see 200psi in each cylinder :(

Even though I don't have done any of those conversion,I would likely suggests that you better have a research about it so that you can find the solution to your problem in your own.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:32 am 

You said you have a 91 sammy?? Here in the USA All 91's were EFI. Is yours carbed?? If you is already fuel injected like my 91 then you already have a fuel pump in the gas tank. Some guys that do this conversion just swap to an EFI sammy tank and call it a day. We luckily get to leave that step out!! The Pump in the tank can flow enough fuel for a normal GTI swap. you may need to upgrade if you plan on boosting the motor (which I plan on doing) But at my boost levels I should still be Ok with the stock pump. I personally am leaving the Stock GTI oil pan on the motor. My sammy is a 2wd which means I have no front diff to hit the oil pan. If you plan on running a lift depnding on what lift you run you should be able to clear that diff without any trouble. I don't see a point in swapping out parts of the motor unless you have too, just something else to go wrong down the line.
- G13B MK1 Wiring Loom
- MK1 ECU
- VL Fuel PumpRead above
- Use Sierra Sump onto bottom of G13B Read above
- Run a Return Line line from the fuel rail to the tank. Need to know if you are EFI or not already
- Run a Radiator hose to the thermostat? You need to run a new hose as theyou will see they are on opposite sides some fab the top of the radiator and remount the exit on the other side, flexalite now has universal aluminum radiators!!
- 5-7L of Coolant
- New Spark Plugs

I hope I was able to further help