TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:17 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stock Turbo?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:28 am 

yeah i own a 93 geo metro, i have had it for about 2 years now and have been doing some drawings and scales figuring out the overall looks of the car. But now i am getting down to the knitty gritty aspect of the ever so loved engine mods. I was curious but i have recently heard of a rumor that a few of the swifts, firefly's, ect. have a stock turbo or in the case of it not being true what engine would you recommend me doing a swap that would get me the most overall power to the tires and make the custom car i am deigning not only look good but be able to handle itself if need be.

Post subject: Re: Stock Turbo?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:54 am 

A rumor?
If you'd spent 10 seconds looking, you would have found the turbo section.

viewforum.php?f=32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:19 pm 

ok i understand that and all is ok with that aspect, I'm not looking to install a turbo at this point in time i dont have the funding or the time to mess with electronics right now. I am more asking the question what engine would be the best for a straight swap that would require as little electronic work cause the standard stock engine isn't powerful enough for me anymore. any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 pm 

You can put some boost to the engine you have but not a lot, enough to put a smile on your face though. You gotta SEARCH though, the info is all here already, search 'turbo swap' etc. and start reading, do that for a couple days then ask some more questions.

Otherwise your just gonna get rude responses and no help. Trust me. We like new members but were not gonna do all the work for ya!

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:28 am 

lol i understand that, i'm not looking for a aspirated engine right now i already found one of those i just dont have them time to sit there and mess with everything at the moment. I'm just looking for a simple power swap until my engine is fully completed and ready to be swapped into the car. All i am asking is what would be the simplest engine to place in the metro, that is all?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:38 am 

the best option would be a 1.3dohc gt engine. It is not hard, but its not simple, You either need a complete donor car or all swap parts. There is no magic engine that will drop in your car with little effort that will gain you big horsepower. The turbo3 would swap well as well, but no matter what you do there will be electrical sorting out to do. In your position, not knowing what you have done before, i would get a cam and pulley from 3tech and install them first. This is a fairly simple job, and will net you good power gains. Its simple and proven. There are a couple other little things that will help as well, exhaust and intake perhaps. research.

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:49 am 

thank you that is all i was asking was a simple answer, an electrical isn't that hard for me so i wasn't really referring to that i was more hoping not to have to do major engine compartment mods to fit the engine.