TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:24 pm 

So I'm doing a G10 RWD setup. I got a Tracker 5-speed, which turns out is not a bolt-on to the G10 motor.
The tracker has a G16 motor. What I need is a G13 Sumurai 5-speed. I've looked around,
and can't find one (that is inexpensive $500 is too much). So I'm wondering two things,

1. how much heavier is the G16 5-speed?
2. how can I mate the G16 5-speed to the G10? The trans shaft is bigger on the G16 trans,
and so is the clutch disk and pressure plate. Can the G16 flywheel bolt to the G10 motor?
I've searched the archives, and didn't get quite a straight answer, it seems it does bolt-on,
but is much heavier flywheel, but the G10 starter does not seem to fit the G16 bellhousing
with the G10 motor. What to do??

Thanks, Jack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:52 pm 
Suzuki Elder

jack,

i don't think that the clutch is a big deal. use a g13 flywheel with a g16 clutch set.

i'll have a look at my tracker's starter position and think about that one for a bit.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:12 pm 

try zookpower.ca
or zuwharrrie.com for a sammmy tranny
it'll work better better than a g16 due to it will bolt up
also the sammy tranny also has only 1 shaft out that mates to a transfer case, so no need to worry about blocking the 2nd shaft in the g16 tranny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:43 pm 

The G16 clutch will not fit the G10 flywheel, the G16 pressure plate is a lot bigger.
Is the G13 flywheel bigger than the G10?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 pm 

yes but it's not the same as a RWD/4WD 1.6 pressure plate.

2 things to consider:
-the starter is farther away from the crank, you need the 1.6 ringgear (either the gear alone or the whole flywheel)

-the clutch is not the same distance from the engine (deeper in the bell housing) so I think you may want to keep the tracker flywheel and clutch, and use the tracker starter.

adapter plates have been made to put a 1.6 in a samurai. these companies can surely make the reverse kit. the plate already has the holes right it would only need the counter sinking on the other side instead.

in 1989 there was a few 1.3L sidekicks made but I really don't know if they were available in RWD or if they were all 4WD. in theory it should have the right bell housing for the G10.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:35 am 

turbohull wrote:

in 1989 there was a few 1.3L sidekicks made but I really don't know if they were available in RWD or if they were all 4WD. in theory it should have the right bell housing for the G10.

You are correct, but they are hard to come by as the samurai guys snap them up pretty quick when they become available.....