TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:01 am 

Hi all, just wanna mention that I'm new here for the first time tonight. I'll be purchasing a 1992 suzuki swift GA. It has the 1.3 4cyl engine i believe. My question that I'd like to pose to the forum is what should I do with the engine if it had a broken timing belt and now I need to either replace the head or rebuild the head. Is there an easy and not too costly upgrade heads that will swap right on to my current block? I would like the performance of going turbo someday, but for now reliability and fuel efficiency are more important. So looking for best option that will give me a bump up in performance and not loose mpg and reliability. Thanks for any feed back!!
Also, guess I'd be open to swap a whole engine into the car if it wasn't much more costly and still met my goals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:26 pm 

if its the 8V SOHC just put a new belt on it, the 8V is NOT an interference engine and the head is fine (as long as something else hasn't happened to it) A broken timing belt won't damage the head. Get a performance cam from 3tech.