TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 pm 

I posted this in the other section too, before I found this one (new to this forum) :oops: . I'm in the middle of swapping a 2000 1.0 motor and trans into my little offroad buggy :P . I have all of the wiring out of the donor car, and I am using the factory fuel pump also. So I am looking for a good wiring diagram for the car, and also any helpful hints that anyone would like to give me! :mrgreen: thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:15 pm 

http://geometroforum.com/topic/3201619/

http://geometroforum.com/topic/2827773/

Wiring diagrams.............

http://geometroforum.com/forum/522874/

• Build Video
  • 1991 4 Door Truck Conversion
  • Modified Suzuki 1.0L Engine
  • High Stall 3200 RPM Converter
  • Auto Trans with Welded Differential
  • Custom Exhaust and Intake System
  • 6" Suspension Lift & Weight Reduction
  • 27" Kenda Executioner 6 Ply ATV tires

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:26 pm 

tim&cass wrote:
I posted this in the other section too, before I found this one (new to this forum) :oops: . I'm in the middle of swapping a 2000 1.0 motor and trans into my little offroad buggy :P . I have all of the wiring out of the donor car, and I am using the factory fuel pump also. So I am looking for a good wiring diagram for the car, and also any helpful hints that anyone would like to give me! :mrgreen: thanks

pictures?,,,,,, if possible; and what are you doing for a transmission/drivetrain?

if you haven't found the diagram in johnnys post, let me know exactly what you need the diagram for and i'll get it for ya.
-Amer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:13 pm 

thanks! A friend who wires things for a living helped me sort thru the factory harness and eliminated all the unneccessary stuff. It runs good when it's first started, then after a few minutes of warm up the idle starts going up and down, varying by 500 rpm or so. it runs fine, other than this though. I was thinking of blocking off the egr port, and what sensor should I check to make sure we didn't inadvertently disconnect it :P ? Another issue too :oops: . The computer came loose (I didn't mount it properly) :oops: and the black and white wire pulled out of the plug, and I'm not sure where it goes. Entire engine, trans and drivetrain was swapped in btw. Seems to work quite well. I would like lower overall gearing, but the only aftermarket gears I have found are the suzukird ones for $600 :shock: .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:06 pm 

Ok I got all the wiring squared away thanks guys. I also fixed the idling problem by "adjusting" the idle control motor. Easy fix, seems to have no ill effects, runs great :mrgreen: