TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:41 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:57 pm 

im a complete newbie in here and i have searched the topics of my engine swap. most of the swaps i seen were upgrades of some sort. i have a perfect 1993 convertible with the blown 1.0 and 5 speed. i got a rusted out 95 geo with a 1.0 and 5 speed tranny that runs like a sewing machine. can i pull out engine a tranny in the 1995 and it bolt rite up to my 93 intake and wiring or do i have to change the wiring and computer. i want the most mpg's but also the easiest. got a complete 1995.my convertible got 42 mpg before engine blew. my 1995 got 47 around town before it rusted out hadnt really factored in maybe the car getting lighter from the rust may be answer for more mpg. help me out with engine swap ideas.would like to just pull out complete engine and tranny and swap. then hook up 93 intake and manifold.the extra fuel mileage in the 95 made me question going ahead and changing the computer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:38 pm 

Computer won't swap without major modifications, completely different wirin harness style. You are on the right track, use your 93 intake and such and it will work perfect and be an easy swap. It should pull the same or more mpgs in the vert.

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm 

got another question.my dad has a 2000 chevy metro with the 3 cylinder and 5 speed. the engine runs great but his tranny makes alot of noise.we thought about rebuilding the 5 speed tranny i took out of my geo metro 1993 vert . so we could make a quick tranny swap when his tranny in his 2000 plays out. he plans on driving it till it plays all the way out and would like to have a rebuilt tranny setting there waiting to replace it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:11 pm 

Oh! forgot to say thanx about advice on the engine and tranny swap got the car at mechanics now.