TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: need direction
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:21 pm 

Motor is starting to knock on my 92 metro. Want to do a swap not sure on what for a motor. Im on a. Preaty tight budget. What would be a good cheap ish :roll: swap? I can fabricate motor mounts and what not if I decide to go with a motor that wont "bolt in" :lol: I've been kicking around a b16b Turbo if I could find a recked civic for cheap. Or b18. What are some other options. That will give some power for Farley cheap? I want to be able to out rum the people in mustangs that hate on us little cars. :twisted:

93 metro - stripped waiting for a hyabusa swap

Post subject: Re: need direction
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:37 pm 

Depends on what you consider a tight budget. As of now I have spent around $3500 for my current GT setup and that puts me at about a 16-16.5 second 1/4 mile. I learned this saying from the DSM world: "cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two" so pretty much expect that which ever way you go.

2006 Scion xB (fun-mobile)
1990/92 Suzuki Swift GTi TURBO (The GTiT)

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:38 pm 

Well I guess ill try saving for all three. Has anyone used the cheap eBay rebuild kit for the 1.0? Would u guys recommend it. I need to just rebuild what I have till I can save for a b16 swap.

93 metro - stripped waiting for a hyabusa swap

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:17 pm 

backroadsgeo wrote:
Well I guess ill try saving for all three. Has anyone used the cheap eBay rebuild kit for the 1.0? Would u guys recommend it. I need to just rebuild what I have till I can save for a b16 swap.

Avoid the ebay special head gaskets apparently. You get what you pay for and you don't want to skimp on something that important.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:39 am 

mightbegiant wrote:
Depends on what you consider a tight budget. As of now I have spent around $3500 for my current GT setup and that puts me at about a 16-16.5 second 1/4 mile. I learned this saying from the DSM world: "cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two" so pretty much expect that which ever way you go.

What have you done? My car stock with just a pod filter ran 16.5's?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:01 pm 

First off I'm in Calgary and it's 3400 ft above sea level. Supposedly that alone adds 1 sec to 1/4 mile time. My build thread is in the geo to gti section.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:27 pm 
Suzuki Elder

mightbegiant wrote:
I learned this saying from the DSM world: "cheap, fast, reliable. Pick two" so pretty much expect that which ever way you go.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:54 pm 

mightbegiant wrote:
First off I'm in Calgary and it's 3400 ft above sea level. Supposedly that alone adds 1 sec to 1/4 mile time. My build thread is in the geo to gti section.

I was just shocked at the $$ figure you said- I read that as you saying you had $3500 in engine performance mods to run that- not that you had $3500 in fixing the whole car up. I just looked through your build thread and I saw a pod filter and an underdrive pulley so I think you are right in the ball park w/ running that time. Play with lowering the front tire pressures and upping your launch rpm's and watch your 1/4 drop even further.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:09 am 

airwerks wrote:
mightbegiant wrote:

I was just shocked at the $$ figure you said- I read that as you saying you had $3500 in engine performance mods to run that- not that you had $3500 in fixing the whole car up. I just looked through your build thread and I saw a pod filter and an underdrive pulley so I think you are right in the ball park w/ running that time. Play with lowering the front tire pressures and upping your launch rpm's and watch your 1/4 drop even further.

Bah I wish I had $3500 in performance mods. I'd probably be running 14's with money like that invested. As for what i've done at the track, my best 60ft was 2.444 which I think is pretty decent. I do need to play with my tire pressure though... just kinda worried about doing that with brand new tires.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:59 am 

airwerks direction will be good i think, nice and interesting sharing,
keep it up