TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:12 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am 

Hi, does anyone know if the latest 3 cylinder 1000cc Suzuki 'Splash' engine will fit onto a Suzuki Jimny Mk2 rear wheel drive gearbox? Suzuki stopped production of the 3 cylinder 1000cc 'Swift' engine about 2006. Any information would be much appreciated.

Liege Motor Company
(there are now nine Liege fitted with the 1000cc Swift 3 cylinder engine attached to the Jimny Mk1 gearbox)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Won't get much luck on this forum as it's mostly North American and they don't get even get the new generations of Swift, considered too small for the market, let alone the even smaller Splash.

I suspect the Splash is using a K10 which has been used in previous model alto's, in which case the gearboxes share identical ratio's to the g10/g13 fwd gearbox which leads me to think the gears are the same but probably the countershaft and diff will be smaller, Suzuki did a similar thing with the g13 4wd and g16 cable shift box.
I think you'd be out of luck trying to mate a k10 to a g10 bell housing, anything is possible but the K and G formats are definitely different.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 pm 
Suzuki Elder

suzuki may have ceased production of the g10 engine but they are still replacing them with new crate motors every 30 to 40 thousand miles for air pollution certification in japan.

the old, low mileage engines get cleaned, loaded into containers, and exported. you might have luck locating one on the used market. as long as it doesn't glow in the dark you'd be good to go. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:05 am 

t3 ragtop wrote:
suzuki may have ceased production of the g10 engine but they are still replacing them with new crate motors every 30 to 40 thousand miles for air pollution certification in japan.

the old, low mileage engines get cleaned, loaded into containers, and exported. you might have luck locating one on the used market. as long as it doesn't glow in the dark you'd be good to go. :wink:

I wondered where that light was coming from. :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:15 pm 

I'm not sure which model you refer to as the MK2, if you mean the M13 engined models then that gearbox will not mate up to an engine with a G13 bolt pattern. Auszookers.com or bigjimny.com are probably your best bet for information.