TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: g10 to g13 swift 1992
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm 

my car is a suzuki swift 1992 with g10 engine carburater 3cyl ,,, and it was auto transmission and converted to 5 gears maunal transmission by its first owner :D

now the problem is that in my country i cant find the spare parts of the g10 engine easily ,,, and the g13 spare parts are so much cheap and easy to found

so i dicide to change my 3cyl engine to the 4 cyl engine
the question is
What is the difficulties will I face in this swap ?!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:22 pm 

Is it a twin cam that are common in Egypt ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:33 pm 

no sir its SOHC and the g13 is SOHC too

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:54 am 
Suzuki Elder

the problems you are likely to encounter will be the engine mounting brackets and mounts themselves. the right side engine mount is a different type between the g10 and g13.

the location of the transmission side mount is different. the bolt holes for the engine mount and surround cage are in a different location on the left side frame rail. there are several ways to deal with that but i prefer an adapter plate that moves the mount itself about 2" rearward so that the mount aligns with the existing holes in the frame rail.

see the steel plate under the mount, between the mount and bracket, that shifts the location of the engine mount about 2" to the rear?

you will also need to change the drive axles to the manual g13 types as the 4 cylinder engine swap moves the location of the transmission's differential closer to the left side of the chassis. the g13 uses a half shaft bolted to the rear of the engine block for the right side drive resulting in a right side axle that's shorter than the g10 fitment.

you will also have to use the ecu and engine bay wiring that matches the g13 engine along with changing the fuel pump to one that will keep up with the increased fuel demand.

years ago when i was in egypt, it was quite hot. the g10 equipped cars here use a smaller radiator than the g13 cars. you may have to use the larger radiator for your swap. the radiator hoses will be different in any case.

i'm sure that i didn't cover everything but i think i hit the important things. good luck with your project.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:48 pm 

t3 ragtop
thank you so much man i really appreciate it

now for the axels i have to get the g13 axels (internal one for sure) thats ok

and about the mounts ,, just the right one is different !!! what a bout the left one and the transmission mounts ?!

and about the ECU i think i dont have ecu because its a carburater !!! now what about the carburrater does the g10 carburater fits on g13 engine ?!!

and a bout the wiring do i have to change the hall engine wiring harness ,,or just modify it !!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:08 am 

I did almost the same. But mine are both Auto's and are injected! Is the ECU different between 3 & 4 cyl? What would be the differences between the trans controlers? Or wire harnesses?