TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:56 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 pm 

Hey guys I normally browse for info on this forum, 2 years ago i bought my first swift (an mk2 5door hatch with a g10 carburated). I'm currently the 3rd owner of this abused machine but I'm bringing frankenstien back to life one job at a time. The car was standard factory red, i resprayed it in a ferrari red, got ran into from behind and now its in a metallic red and black two tone with candy fx.

When i sent it two paint i ran into an issue it seems the painter swapped off my carb, the carb i had before never had a mechanical choke now this one has one (its operated by a vacuum valve and spring). normally my car used to idle perfect and run like a beastly g10
but now the idle raises when the engine temp reaches half or after a long run. I changed vacuum lines to silicone, i routed them properly (got more power) but still idle problem persists. used to smoke at high rpm
(it stopped). can anyone post an image of a g10 carb just to make sure i have the right one on?

well heres my other story.....
recently my 993cm3 auto tranny with tcm started giving me trouble. one day i was reversing out of a yard and i reversed onto a column and the car jolted and shut down..(i think that was the cause) the next day the transmission started acting erraticly, drive sounded like 1st gear at high rpm for 4 sec then jolted into 3rd and when i got home i had no reverse gear what so ever..
what i did was i replaced the fluid and put a tranny treatment and it started working normally.. but it still bothers me if it could kick the bucket soon..its been a month without problems although i have a slight leak looks like an transaxle seal leak.

Since that happened and parts for swift/metro kinda tough to get on my side of the world, i was thinking about doing an engine swap
my first choice was starlet glanza's 4efte ep90 but cost was too much and parts for that as well tough to get locally. my next option was a 3stage vtech d15b one of my friend got on a wreck, came out of a hatch ek3 sir.. but i was looking at cost and the price on that was kinda steep and the engine looks pretty huge for my tiny engine bay. Also a friend of mine had a gti and he pruchased it and the pre owner had an extra head and block so he got it with the sale of the car, he's willing to give me it if i do a lil' favor for him and tint his eg8 hatch. But it is a full rebuild and i need to get a twin cam head and most likeley all the rest of parts to rebuild (harness,fuel rail,injectors, pullies, have the ecu tho). so i was thinking of just rebuilding the g10 since i saw someone on the forum say they milked that lil g10 out of 200hp. So i wanna try it only problem is, i gotta order all the parts of the interwebs...

so guys advise me what would be the best bet

a d15 3stage vtech (i know zuki guys hate honda its a rival thing ever since)
g13bb rebuild (if i'm rebuilding the g13 i'm looking at forced induction or high compression)
or g10 rebuild( well my g10 is carbed and i still wanna do a forced induction setup most likely draw through since its cheaper and well i need to get all the parts before i take the engine out because this swift is my daily driver and it does long runs for me)

gti's really rare in Trinidad and Tobago many people have but don't sell and when they do the price is high..mostly 5door hatches with sr20's and ga15de's

heres what my swift looks like, i'll post a pic of the engine soon..

right now i'm thinking of rebuilding the g10 and transmission
i'm getting the tranny kit off of rockauto for a good price its for the mx17 auto, would that work on the g10's auto tranny?

also for the g10 rebuild what would i need to turbo it i've been doing research and well from what i've gathered

vitara 75mm low comp pistons (but i'm only seeing honda adaptations, would it fit)
g13b connecting rods (same question would it be safe to use any mods to be done, like oversized bearings?)
would i have to get oversized valves for better compressed flow of mixtures?
would a 32/36 webber stock work or do i need bigger jets for the draw(where can i get a kit with bigger jets)
would a t3 setup work
if my block has a egr setup would it be wise to condemn all vacuum lines and egr setup for a turbo draw through manifold(or how can i modify the vacuum setup to adapt to the draw through intake manifold.
also is draw through method safe? since the turbo draws and compresses the fuel mixture (passes thru the intake side of the turbo) wouldn't it get hot from the exhaust side of the turbo on fast long runs..anyone with experience on this please shed some light on this..

and thanks in advance for the info...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:37 am 

heres what my swift looks like,

before new paint job when it got hit

after painting and repair

i'll post images of the g10 soon...