TeamSwift
http://www.teamswift.net/

Samurai engine into Swift
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=58062
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Cyfun [ Fri May 16, 2014 1:34 am ]
Post subject:  Samurai engine into Swift

So I have a '99 Swift and would love to convert it to propane, but it seems there aren't many options for fuel injected engines, especially the G13BB. However, I've heard it's super easy to convert the Samurai carbureted engines to propane. I've also heard that a lot of offroaders love swapping the fuel injected Swift engines into their rigs.

So what I'm wondering is: is the reverse true? Could I swap a carbed Samurai 1.3 into my Swift? Better yet, could I just swap the Samurai intake and carb onto my existing G13BB head?

Author:  swojcieszek [ Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Samurai engine into Swift

I'm pretty sure that is possible to swap Swift (GTI) engine to Samurai.
So it should be possible.

Author:  Cyfun [ Fri May 16, 2014 2:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Samurai engine into Swift

swojcieszek wrote:
I'm pretty sure that is possible to swap Swift (GTI) engine to Samurai.
So it should be possible.


I would imagine the transmission bolts and engine mounts are the same. The bigger concern is probably hood clearance, though.

Author:  hotrodray1 [ Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Samurai engine into Swift

I did this in a 89 swift but changed the cam and intake to the tbi one on a swift. Almost every thing bolt up. Where I had my trouble was where the stub axle for the 1.3 swift bolts to the block in the rear. all the holes were not there only 1 of the boltholes was there so I made a bracket to hold it in place.

Author:  geopat [ Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Samurai engine into Swift

The samurai intake will only fit the 8valve cylinder heads. probably be the easiest to find a 8valve 1.3 motor out of a mk2/3/4 car.

Author:  Cyfun [ Sat May 17, 2014 1:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Samurai engine into Swift

hotrodray1 wrote:
I did this in a 89 swift but changed the cam and intake to the tbi one on a swift. Almost every thing bolt up. Where I had my trouble was where the stub axle for the 1.3 swift bolts to the block in the rear. all the holes were not there only 1 of the boltholes was there so I made a bracket to hold it in place.


Sounds like it'd be ideal to use the original block with a Samurai head. But making a bracket isn't the end of the world. So you used a Sammy block and head, but Swift cam, intake, and tbi?

geopat wrote:
The samurai intake will only fit the 8valve cylinder heads. probably be the easiest to find a 8valve 1.3 motor out of a mk2/3/4 car.


The car in question actually has a bad head gasket which I was about to replace. If I can track down an 8-valve 1.3 head, will it bolt right up?

Author:  hotrodray1 [ Sat May 17, 2014 5:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Samurai engine into Swift

Complete sammy engine just swapped cam,intake and dizzy,oil pan,exhaust manifold. I am sure there was a few other thing i am forgetting but you get the jest of it.

Author:  Cyfun [ Sat May 17, 2014 5:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Samurai engine into Swift

hotrodray1 wrote:
Complete sammy engine just swapped cam,intake and dizzy,oil pan,exhaust manifold. I am sure there was a few other thing i am forgetting but you get the jest of it.


So you installed a Swift intake on a sammy head?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/