TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:40 pm 

I'm new here, but not new to cars. I've been tooling around with the idea of swapping a 89 to 94 metro with a faster engine. 1650lbs with full interior is crazy light and would it would make an awesome sleeper. Either g10T or a g13b DOHC as they're plug and play, I don't have any fabrication skills to make engine mounts. My question is, where do you guys get your engines for swaps? I've searched google and the best I can come up with is rebuilt g13b's for RWD Suzukis. I can't find any on car-part.com or ebay either.

Now I would just buy a turbo sprint or a swift GTI but they're rare as hens teeth too. What should/can I do?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:31 pm 

Be patient , they do come up for sale more often then you think. Usually people post links from the ones they find on their local CL . Be ready to travel to get it .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:05 pm 

I was thinking of doing a g13bb swap in an older metro as the engines are easy to find. My question is would g13b pistons/rods fit in the g13bb engine? I would want to go turbo but i can't find any forged pistons and rods for the 13bb.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 pm 

I am sure you can find the answere to those questions here on teamswift. You will just have to get a large cup of coffee and start searching.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:05 pm 

I have been searching, found out pistons and rods for a g13b will fit a g13bb so it's all good.