TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: G13b pwerd mini's in aus
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:09 pm 

hi boys twincammini here. iv just been reading some of your post and as i can see you don’t have many mini swifts in your country. well here in Australia we have a few. three is me :P twincammini. then there is a guy by the name of Dennis turner he has a blue mini swift with the same set up as mine.

then we have the big boys. :evil: we have con. that lives in Queensland that has a 150bhp turbo mini swift gti. his set up 15psi boost with a 2 stage boost controller his site is http://www.twincamturbo.com
for those of you that wont to check it out.

then we have one of my good mates brad. he doesn’t have a GTI conversion but he has put a 160hbp Toyota starlet turbo motor in. witch is similar to the swift. 1.3 dohc turbo. its not a swift but its still damm fast :D if you wont to check out his site its at http://www.members.optushome.com.au/minigt/
he said his going to take me for a ride ass soon as he gets it on the road. And believe me I can not wait for that.

ok then i have another mate Stuart. and he has the Altamont mini. this thing is THE AMINAL. its a swift GTI powered 350HP yea that’s right 350HP at the wheels. this think is the beast....

an yes there is a web site for him too. but there is not many pics of it.
its at http://www.members.optushome.com.au/minigt/

there are some more gti minis on there way in aus. but there no where near Compleat yet. mine was one of the first. actually the 3rd gti mini in Australia. cons mini was the first. he bought the car from someone in Sydney about 6 years ago....

oh and offcourse my beast if you wont to check it out its at

http://www.cardomain.com/id/twincammini

hehe im not quit up to scratch on power wise but i have just done a new paint job and i am getting the interior redone in all white trim. with all the neon’s and stuff.
i might not have the fastest gti mini but she is still damm fast. for a stock 1.3l gti.
acceleration from 0-100 in low 7sec. and 1/4 mile is very low 15s. im currently at about 100hp at the wheels and 115 at the fly wheel. Witch is not much but because of my weight its fast. I get a lot of cars try to drag me at lights. Its so fun kicking there ass in a mini. hehee lol.

but as all ppl know you get us to the power after a wile. and so have i

so im planing a turbo going in soon. im planning on a early WRX turbo going in ill keep the motor stock far as mods go. except for lowering the compression. cultes motors run very hi compression 11.5 to 1 i will bring it down to about 9-1 or so and run just 10psi for now. but later on i will be planning on hi boost. 25 to 30psi. :evil: Stuart offered to help me with his brain power so it should be good. i just need the money. As it always is.
oh and i have to figure out how to get the turbo in too hehe. the clubman mini has much more room at the front as don’t the round nose mini. so ill probably be one of the first to fit a turbo in a round nose..

ok i have said enough...
all the best to you all...

and mad forum.

we also have a forum in Australia. its

http://www.redlinegti.com

ok see ay all.

have fun.

Chris cosso

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:49 pm 

oh yea and a special thanks to ground scrapper for showing me your forum.

thanks mate

chris.

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:16 pm 

Don Vidler here in Qld has been racing a GTi engined Mini sports sedan for a number of years. He's making around 135-140hp atf. and uses bike carbs instead of injection.

Post subject: mini
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:34 pm 

That website with Stuarts 350bhp GTi powered mini is incorrect. That is the same site as the Toyota Starlet site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:02 am 
Senior Swift Guru

The mini guys are pretty good guys and generally quite helpful to talk with. glad you found your way here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:16 am 

oh ok about Stuarts web site. so so sorry. i must have maid a mistake.

the site is

http://www.miniman.com.au/turbo.htm

ok so sorry about that.

chris.