TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:22 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My 95 story
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:08 pm 

I haven't made too many posts about my car since i became a member, so now is a perfect time to show what i have, please tell me what you guys think and dont be afraid to criticize, its a metro for christ sake!

its a 1995 Geo Metro LSi that my dad came across one day as a trade in at the dealership. Hes owned a firefly since new and has since then put near 1 million kms on his. The car was purchased for 500 bucks with about 155k on it. The car came with a 1.3L auto, working a/c and a laundry list of things needing attention. we ended up purchasing a second 95 swift parts car to swap in the 5 speed and many other treats, the perfect father son project!

here are some pics for your viewing pleasure

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: My 95 story
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:49 pm 

Yes my Fly looks like hell, but everything still works including the rear wiper, antilock and a/c. The 1.0/5 speed combo even today got me 445km out of the first half tank, and I wasn't even trying.

Does anyone here know if a factory power window setup from a 94 GT will fit a 95 Metro?

So looking forward to doing the antilock with you Metrolsi95. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:23 am 

it must be fun to sit on that seat and drive for 8 hours, hurts your shoulders,

and hey, that guy, are you saying true ? 445 km for the half tank ? so it will get 800 km per tank ? sounds unbelievable, on my 01 1.3 5spd, i only get 200km for the first half tank, and i am tried

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:27 am 

for the red metro, i think it looks better with 98+ front bumper, and where are your turn signals now? ,,
and how exactly did you put other seats on the metro?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:36 pm 

the 1.0 5 speed can easily get 800kms per tank, based on your driving ofcourse. follow the shift light on the dash and dont speed. as for the red metro, the turn signals are re located beside the headlamps and the seats are mounted on a set of junkyard metro seat rails

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:46 pm 

where did you get that arm rest? i want.. :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:38 am 

the armrest is a custom piece i ordered off of ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SUZUKI-SWIFT-2004-2010-GRAY-ARMREST-CENTER-CONSOLE-NEW-/190487759151?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASuzuki|Model%3ASwift%2B&hash=item2c59f4892f

theres lots of them, i found one for 20 bucks, the bottom of it fits in the little useless square cup behind the hand brake, but the armrest is too tall so i took a hacksaw to the bottom of the armrest and cut about an inch or so, then anchored it in with 4 screws it sits flush and even has a flip down cup holder for the rear passengers. it takes some getting used to when shifting into 2nd 4th and reverse.