TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 am 

I had a noticable difference in fuel economy just by hooking up the secondary O2 sensor. It improved a lot just by having it hooked up.

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:55 pm 

I want to try it with the 2nd o2 sensor hooked up to see if it makes a difference. I have the sensor and plugs, problem is I need to figure out how to wire it back up :huh: :| . I think I seen a link to a wiring diagram on here somewhere...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:46 pm 

Anyone know how the pins on the ecm are numbered? From what I can tell, I need to find light green/black-sensor ground ecm 22 c3 , yellow -ecm 10, and pink ecm 4-c1 . I want to make sure I have the right wires, obviously :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:54 am 

tim&cass wrote:
I want to try it with the 2nd o2 sensor hooked up to see if it makes a difference. I have the sensor and plugs, problem is I need to figure out how to wire it back up :huh: :| . I think I seen a link to a wiring diagram on here somewhere...

You just hook it up, and put it someplace out of the way, it doesn't actually have to be in the exhaust pipe.

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:05 am 

Sorry to bump an old thread.... but has anyone ever actually figured out how to tune the stock ECU on the OBD2 equipped metros?

I just picked up a 1997 Metro 1.0 liter 5 speed. Using an ultragauge with OBD2 and a Zeitronix Wideband with a simulated narrowband to fool the ECU into running 16.5 AFR for economy. I really want to tune the stock ECU without switching to a standalone or resorting to "trickers" on the IAT/CoolantTemp.

What would I need to reflash this ECU to change ignition timing maps? I'm used to tuning the engine on my Lancer Evolution and feel rather blind to what's going on inside the Metro ECU. I want timing maps and fuel maps, TPS enrichment maps, cold start enrichment maps, stuff like that. I have a decent budget so what am I looking at?