TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm 

mike, you have pm...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:34 am 

update:

i was able to have custom bend T304 2" piping.

now, i just need to source out SS 1.75 flange flange for the downpipe. i will be sending back the downpipe and image A for further customization.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:57 am 

looks like im going to have to buy a new manifold or just cut thru the flange and drill holes for the exhaust bolt.....

anyone have a digitized model or a mock up headers laying around?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:11 pm 

When I did my exhaust in 2009 it was easier to just spend the $85 for a new manifold. Paint it with header paint and use anti-sieze on the bolts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:26 am 

GTDave wrote:
When I did my exhaust in 2009 it was easier to just spend the $85 for a new manifold. Paint it with header paint and use anti-sieze on the bolts.

true that, that's why i just bought a used one (from mikey999 of geometroforum).

i have sent out the downpipe for proper bending sizewise and it will be ready for welding the flange and install hopefully in 2 weeks....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:17 am 

why do exhaust bolts always weld themselves to the manifold ?

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:20 pm 

not done yet, still saving up money for a welding job on these project...... but i got the "downpipe" on my hands now.... will take a pic one of these days....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:48 am 

Hello ponzy, Great job on this exhaust tread. Very good pictures and diagrams. I may benefit from them soon. I have just helped my youngest Son install a freshly rebuilt 1.0 liter with a 3tech performance head sourced from Suprf1y. It sounds great with just the downpipe and the cat connected. With the rest of the original exhaust connected the engine begins to throb and run very rough. I replaced the muffler thinking it may have clogged, with a new one. No help.

I would like to install a system similiar to yours. Are you sourcing parts from stainlesworks.net, how about the tube bending? I am willing to work with your source since no one makes a ready made system for our cars. Thanks again backyardtech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 am 

hey, i got mine from MBS shop in pasadena maryland..... they do MANDREL BENDING and it is 304 SS. i have to measure everything before it can be fabricated..... my measurements is applicable to 96 swift. im not sure with any other year. i think there's a difference with mk2/mk3/mk4-5.... ( http://mandrelbend.com/ )

i asked them if they do fabricate a header for these cars and replied back that i have to bring the car for them to see.... and right now my car is undriveable so i wasnt able to bring the car on their shop, but i think it is really possible. you are from west virginia, it wouldnt be too far i guess if you visit their shop and pls let me know how'd it go...

the one that you have to watch out is the front sway bar, gas tank, rear control arm....

remember, on my measurements i will be putting a 31" muffler between image A and image D. right now, i have the cheapo glass pack. if i like the sound/tone of it, i may go with a SS muffler from stainlessworks.net probably next year....