TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 pm 

Since, Mk4 don't have any Rear Disc Brake System Available and it is IF I find one of an Mk2 or Mk3 GT for my Mk3 Geo Metro, I want to know if Rear Drum Brake Knuckle with the brake system fit on Mk3, it might be the same ? My Drum's & Pad's are worned out, so I want to replace for brand new but the Rear Wheel Stud are too small for 13" Rim since the car came with 12" instead of 13" ! With the 13" rim installed with lugnut for 12" Wheel Application the Hole where the stud align in the rim are too big for the 12" Wheel Stud so the Nut is close to pass thru the hole of the stud.. I Cannot use bigger Nut because the Stud is Smaller than usually 13" one !

Mk3 Geo Metro W/ Mk2 G10T

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:01 pm 
Suzuki Elder

if i'm reading your question correctly, you are asking if you can replace the rear knuckles, complete with gt brakes on your mk3 variant as a direct replacement.

to be short, yes. you can remove the old suspension and brake assembly as one piece and replace that with gt parts as a complete rear disc conversion.

i would suggest that after you have done that, replace the brake proportioning valve mounted on the firewall on the middle, right hand side with the gt proportioning valve.

i have pictures of the gt brake conversion on my blue vert in the monster thread (link below) if you need a visual reference.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:29 am 

Thank you T3 Ragtop !

I would like to know if MK4 Geo or Swift Rear Knuckle with Drum Brake fit on my Mk3, I Checked one yesterday and it seem's right !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:09 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i'm only aware of guys who went the other way and mounted gt components on a mk4 car. it would be logical that if it worked for them (mk3 to mk4) that it would work for you (mk4 to mk3.)

i'd be interested to know if it works out for you. :D

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:42 pm 

Hahah you got the Word ! Since I've wanted to buy Rear Disc Brake system out of 2 persone here, and once they replied me, I didn't have the time to reply them, they have sold the kit..... ! I'll wait this spring !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:42 pm 

Hahah you got the Word ! Since I've wanted to buy Rear Disc Brake system out of 2 persone here, and once they replied me, I didn't have the time to reply them, they have sold the kit..... ! I'll wait this spring !