TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My 1987 Sprints
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:42 am 

Here are my old Sprints. Old pictures that were scanned, so they are not that great.

87 Sprint not long after getting it in '91. Car came used with the wheels, I just removed the side molding. Grill is actually photoshopped all red here too:

Old interior:

Around 1997 (I think it was) I bought an 87 Turbo Sprint that was not in as good of shape as my Sprint so I used it as a parts car:

Some mods were done before I got the Turbo Sprint, so they are kinda "old school" :lol:

Sunroof, pin striping, window tint, and headlight covers added. Wheels and tires were from Turbo Sprint. I smoothed the gill and had a shop paint it to match. I also had them paint the tails with my own design when I had the grill painted. I painted the B-pillars myself to flow the windows together like the Turbo had and aslo painted black the rear portion of the Turbo Sprint ground effects and added them to the bumper.

Interior....dash cover, GT wheel, bought a center console for it, made new door panels as well as quarter panels next to rear seat and covered them in vinyl. Color actually matched better in person......flash made it look farther off than it was. Black "billet style" door handles, new pedals, and after this shot was taken, there was a CF shift knob added.

Turbo seats were put in the Sprint, and in the second picture you can see some of the new quarter panels.

Here the two cars are together:

In 1998 I wrecked the Sprint by driving head first into a 10 feet deep ditch at 40mph. (LONG story about how that happened) Car drove home, but needed a LOT of work. Turbo Sprint became the driver at that point. I drove the car until about 2000 when I sold both cars for $400. After doing all the work on the Sprint, I couldn't get myself to fix up the Turbo.

I really miss them and would LOVE to have another one. The Sprint was my first car to modify and got me into the car bug, that's for sure.

And here's a shot of what I drive now:

And as you can see from my car page, I have the bug for modding this too:

http://jason.hodges.cc/Ataru/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:45 am 
Island Inbreeder

Ataru
Welcome to Teamswift.net
you scaned the pictures but there still good quality
low budget cars,low budget mod, looks like you had a lot of pride
in you hooptie
I just have one question
What happend couldn't find any more sprints/Geo's ??
you have to drive a ford Geeze I'm sorry lol

here's Karma for your effort injoyed you post ----------JV&S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:36 pm 
banned

yuck i can't believe you would post a pic of that focus :screwball:

nice sprints though :)

get a swift, i'm sure it'll run better times than the focus, i'm assuming you autox in the stock class, as you have no performance mods it seems. But then again your probably making payments on it also from a dealership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:20 pm 

My Focus is in STS, which is Street Touring. I have aftermarket springs and struts. The springs is all it takes to move you out of stock and into STS.

I've been looking for another Sprint for years. The street I live off of, there was a white 87 Turbo Sprint parked out front of a house for a long time. I was going to go ask if they wanted to sell it, but they moved before I asked them, and I have no idea where they moved to. :(

I don't have much desire for a Swift. Maybe a GTi, but I would rather have a MK1 Sprint or Turbo Sprint since I have a connection with those.

Oh, and thanks for bashing the car I currently own and enjoy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:27 pm 
banned

haha no prob, at least its not a mustang hahaha oh god would we have a field day with you :D

Jus givin a hard time, i do have to ask, why 4 door :( sedans aren't sexy at all as sports cars... well most aren't

jus the evo and sti.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:46 am 

Sedans have trunks. This is a 5 door hatch. ;)

In 2003, Sonic Blue was a short production run color at the beginning of the year. Only 298 cars were made in that color that year out of 6158 cars.

There was only one car left in town that was Sonic Blue and it was a 5 door. I decided I wanted the color more than I wanted a 3 door, so it won out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:24 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

a few years ago I would have mocked your 5-dr focus as a obscene mini-van, somehow the cars on the market have gotten even bigger so that it's starting to look like a nice sub-compact :P
or at least the 3dr svt's are kind of appealing... too bad they aren't made anymore :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:14 am 

The Focus is still too big of a car for me. I have always loved small cars and thought the Sprint was a great size for what I needed. Owning an original Mini has always been a dream of mine too. Small, nimble, and fun to drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:58 pm 

Ataru, I sent you a pm.

86 Sprint
88 T3 Sprint
65 Buick Skylark Gran Sport