TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 pm 

I should have done this a long time ago. This is where I will put all the pics and info for all the work I do to my Mk1 from now on. That way, I have one topic to cover it all instead of tons of separate topics. First I will put the links to my other topics then my update for today.

[url= dashboard[/url]
[url= head, cam and other parts[/url]
[url= Rebuild[/url]

The other day I started installing some 4" LED trailer lights into my Clear tail lights. I used a trailer light converter box to make the turn signals and brake lights work in one unit. I also got some LED backup lights that are super bright. The 4" trailer lights came from the local Pilot truck stop for $15 ea. The converter box came from Ebay for $13 shipped as well as the backup lights for $10.69 shipped. The backup lights have 36 super bright LEDs in a 6x6 square with a pigtail that plugs into the original 1156 socket. I had to cut the back out of the original housings to get the 4" lights to fit. It doesn't look the best, but no one will see it and it works.

[img]
[img]
[img]
I didn't need to cut the back of the light like that..... I just got Dremel happy =)
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]
[img]

1988 Chevrolet Sprint (Forsa clone) 3Tech cam and underdrive pulley, MSD 8mm wireset, shaved head, Weber 32/36 carb, Honda short shifter, KYB Gr2 suspension, Summit tach and gauges, Pilot steering wheel, NEW! Summit Multi-spark CDI
Project Page
1993 Geo Metro Only mods so far are a Honda short shifter, Glowshift tach and a 3a Racing ricer muffler (freebie)
Image Image

Last edited by mattdodd1988sprint on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 pm 

Here is a video of the turn signals. They flash fast for now, but I got some resistors from radio shack that are the same things as load equalizers and only cost $5 for both.

The camera on my phone isn't the best. It was flashing faster than my phone could record it.

1988 Chevrolet Sprint (Forsa clone) 3Tech cam and underdrive pulley, MSD 8mm wireset, shaved head, Weber 32/36 carb, Honda short shifter, KYB Gr2 suspension, Summit tach and gauges, Pilot steering wheel, NEW! Summit Multi-spark CDI
Project Page
1993 Geo Metro Only mods so far are a Honda short shifter, Glowshift tach and a 3a Racing ricer muffler (freebie)
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:38 pm 

I like the "hyperflashing" effect I get with my LED's actually.

Thanks for the easy to navigate, all-in-one topic =)

• Build Video
  • 1991 4 Door Truck Conversion
  • Modified Suzuki 1.0L Engine
  • High Stall 3200 RPM Converter
  • Auto Trans with Welded Differential
  • Custom Exhaust and Intake System
  • 6" Suspension Lift & Weight Reduction
  • 27" Kenda Executioner 6 Ply ATV tires

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 pm 

I might leave it. Just depends on how much I feel like messing with more wiring. I'm trying to figure out how to install some door jamb switches next. When I got the car, they were both gone....

Project Page
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:22 am 

A friend and I started on some body work last night. I was planning on just fixing a couple spots and shooting a coat of paint on it leaving the fenders alone until I could get new ones. One thing lead to another and we did a lot more work including "fixing" the fenders.

Hopefully it should be done tonight.

Project Page
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:59 pm 

Yep, it looks good!
Those fenders are in great shape.
Fix 'em, don't buy replacements! :wink: :wink: :wink:

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm 

We didn't get it done today due to high humidity. We did, however, get some other little things done. The paint I'm using is black farm & implement paint from Tractor Supply Co. As you can see in the pic of the mirrors, It is really, really shiny. The bumper is coated in Rust-oleum plastic primer. this is turning out to be quite the project...
And sorry p&e, depending on how the driver's side fender turns out, I may or may not need to get your fenders.

Project Page
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 pm 

Got the hood mostly finished tonight. Now we just need to touch up a couple spots and shoot a coat of paint on it.

Project Page
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:25 pm 

Got some paint on the hood now. The first pic is of the first coat. The second and third pics are after the second coat and some clear over it. It's turning out really nice.

Project Page
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:32 am 

very nice job on the body work, is that hood scoop going to be functional??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:52 am 

raygo wrote:
very nice job on the body work, is that hood scoop going to be functional??

At some point, it will function. I just don't know when yet......

Project Page
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:43 am 

I know it originally came with a Chevy badge on it, but don't treat it like every other Chevy and drench it in summit racing garb.. Keep it to its roots and don't sexually confuse it with bowties, subaru scoops, and honda parts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:53 am 

Anyway.... I know it's been a while and I haven't really done that much to the car lately, but here is the latest pic of it......

I've been too busy working on other projects like this......
http://www.amliners.com

Project Page
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:19 pm 

Hello, nice sprint you have. You've got that thing looking good. Keep up the work :P
And nice doberman, I have a blue doberman :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 pm 

Finally an update! The garage has just been cleared out so we can get back to working on my car again. Here are the latest pics. The last two are of the new front air dam. It should be easy to tell where it came from.....

Project Page
Image Image