TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:25 pm 

Well, hopefully my new turbo will be hear this week (thanks again Duane), but it will need a rebuild (or at the very least a new o-ring). What I'm lookin for is the whole kit, so I guess the o-ring, both oilite bushings, and the various snap rings. Does anybody know where they can be found? In Red Deer, a deisel shop can get me a kit in two days from Vancouver, but for $250cdn! I don't know if our local bearing supplier (BC Bearing) can get the oilites in, due to their... uniqueness. The snap rings and the o-ring should be a breeze. Is there anything else I'm missing? Finally, if you don't know of any place that can get a kit, mabye recommend some turbo shops in the Alberta/BC region. I am looking forward to finally driving my car again. I haven't even started it since.... the end of September :cry:

You have a girlfriend? :shock:

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:09 am 

PM SENT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:30 am 

There are several rebuild kits being offered at ebay for something like 90 US Dollars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:50 am 
Suzuki Elder

there was a guy on ebay that did business as Advanced Race Parts that had the ihi rhb32 rebuild kit for $90. i just hit my bookmark and it looks like he disappeared.

find him and you'll find the kits all nicely packed with rebuild instructions.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:08 am 
a.k.a Bum head

And I believe someone had found the Canadian supplier for IHI in BC... I think they were going to post the address and a phone number so that us other folks don't have to scour around for it. :D

Chris

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:34 am 

That would be me, myself and I :lol: Sorry bout that, I never knew so many people would have an interest. Just so you all know, there is also a ball bearing equivalent to the RHB32, that is the exact same design except for ball bearings. Also, this distributor can get you a brand new cartridge with impellers for $795cdn, if so inclined. Here is where you can find their phone number and contact info:

http://www.adpdistributors.com/locations.html

As I said, they are the BC location. They also sell rebuild kits for $185 + shipping. They will give a 10% discount on two, and mabye more on a group buy *cough*wink*cough*

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:51 am 
a.k.a Bum head

Now, after looking at the site you posted, is it just the BC location that quoted those prices or will the Ontario branch take it as well?

I suppose it doesn't really matter, since shipping across Canada or just around the corner costs pretty much the same outrageous price anyway. ;)

Was there a person in particular that you were talking to?

Also, about the BB IHI replacement, did you ask if the exhaust flange was the same (you mentioned it was exactly the same, but I'm still skeptical). I remember hearing about a 'replacement' a few years ago, something like an RHF3 instead of an RHB3, but I don't recall if the flange was the same or not (the silly unique triangle flange). I suppose that if the cartridge will swap, that solves the problem of the flange. (Good thing that 'flange' isn't a bad word here in Canada... :lol:)

I wouldn't doubt that the BB would spool up faster, not that that's a huge concern for the size of our turbos, but would it be more reliable at higher boost as well? More questions for me to find answers for.

Thanks for finding that source... I bet there are more sources, but it's nice to have a lead that I know about for sure.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:27 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

there's an adp distributor about 20 minutes south of me as well ...
not sure which would be cheaper for people, but if they won't ship directly i may be able to help out :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:44 pm 

Well, since it is an actual company with more than one business, I would assume that all prices are similiar across the board. HOWEVER, you may want to factor in that BC doesn't make you pay PST, correct? If you are buying something over $500, the shipping may be cheaper than the actual tax. I have the name of the man written down at home, and he was EXTREMLY helpful. The model is the RHF3 (the BB replacement for the the RHB32), but I did not ask about the flanges, nor pricing, as I was in a hurry. The company will ship directly, using either greyhound or your choice of courier. And finally, no problem CJDave. I want to help everybody, because I was not to thrilled that my car was down for 2 months, so if I can keep anybody from having the troubles I had, well... Hope this is good.

P.S
My car will be done tonight, EXPECT lots o' pics :buzz:

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:40 pm 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

HiTempguy wrote:

I surprised, this is the first time I've heard of these guys, they're even in the same building as Kinetic Motorsports. :huh:
Good link, you got Karma :thumbsup:

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:51 pm 
Suzuki Elder

more karma :D

big prices but good supplier.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:03 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Here's a page, translated by Google, that has excellent pictures of the RHF3. It might just work... the exhaust outlet looks the same, but I'm not sure about the dimensions of the flange (heh heh...) but this is as good as it gets without ordering one and finding out for sure:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.aitaii.com/avakiti/kurumaijiri/haikionndo/haiki.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dihi%2Brhf3%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Chris