TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:23 pm 

I would like a better shot of the bolt pattern and inlet and outlets.

Thanks
Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:30 pm 

This is the best one I have:

You have a girlfriend? :shock:

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:01 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

shiny
what's your dad charge for coating stuff ? maybe you should post a thread in the manufacturers/suppliers section if you're looking for some business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:46 am 

HiTempguy wrote:
This is the best one I have:

Could someone measure the distance between the bolt holes? And see if they are equal distance also.

Does anyone know why the flange is so oddly shaped instead of just a plain triangle shape? does the manifold look the same or is it more of a usual shape.

Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:16 am 

Ummm, yea N1tro, unfortunatley, the my father and I just rapped the business up as of yesterday :sigh: It was good while it lasted, but the overhead for some of the sh1t my dad had was tremendous. However, in a couple of weeks, there is a chance a much smaller business will be started. I'll keep you guys in touch. And yes, my turbo does loook very beautiful!

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:45 pm 
Suzuki Elder

what do you want to see, specifically?

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:47 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
what do you want to see, specifically?

Well Im trying to find a replacement turbo (possibly bolt on) but without pulling the thing off I was trying to see the bolt pattern and MAYBE if someone had one off they could measure the bolt distance to help me locate something.

Thanks
Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:06 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

silverslk wrote:
Well Im trying to find a replacement turbo (possibly bolt on) but without pulling the thing off I was trying to see the bolt pattern and MAYBE if someone had one off they could measure the bolt distance to help me locate something.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but there isn't a drop-in replacement for the RHB32, unless you buy an RHF32 (ball bearing). Approximately $850CAD new (I'll be looking into one sometime). Everything else needs a new manifold or an adapter.

Chris

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:11 pm 

Of course, for $950, you can get a DIY kit from Jardmuth with a bigger turbo and all, as well as a freer flowing manifold. I think he quoted me $1200cdn with the kit ready to go (using a turbo off of the Dodge 2.2L in Lebaron's and such).

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:29 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

HiTempguy wrote:
Of course, for $950, you can get a DIY kit from Jardmuth with a bigger turbo and all, as well as a freer flowing manifold. I think he quoted me $1200cdn with the kit ready to go (using a turbo off of the Dodge 2.2L in Lebaron's and such).

Agreed. That's the other way to go, but then if you're addicted to your A/C, you'll be disappointed with the Jard Special, since I'm pretty sure there's no room for the condensor. (That would be me...)

Maybe he'd do a log manifold to fit another turbo, but I doubt even that would fit between the engine and the condensor.

An RHF32 ought to do just as well if not better at high boost compared to the RHB32, which can already handle around 20PSI with extra injector controls.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:38 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

*twitch* if there's anything to get rid of, it's that log manifold, it is NOT designed to flow air, how exhaust gasses are able to flow through it is still a relative mystery to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:46 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

n1tr0 wrote:
*twitch* if there's anything to get rid of, it's that log manifold, it is NOT designed to flow air, how exhaust gasses are able to flow through it is still a relative mystery to me.

I know... I look at it and shudder as well, but I don't have much of an option if I want to keep the A/C. :?

When the car isn't a daily driver, I'll get rid of it in a flash, since it's gonna hit the rally scene at that point (and who needs A/C then?). :D

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:30 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

you already have 2 windows you can roll down and 2 more you can pop open to let the air pass through .. or do you have to keep the windows shut tight to keep out all those mosquitos for the couple months when the snow melts
:razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:38 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

n1tr0 wrote:
you already have 2 windows you can roll down and 2 more you can pop open to let the air pass through .. or do you have to keep the windows shut tight to keep out all those mosquitos for the couple months when the snow melts
:razz:

Heh... too noisy. I don't like the wind noise at all (unless the A/C isn't working, then I just suffer). Plus the break from the humidity when I'm out doing stuff is very nice. Especially if I'm working and want to cool down on the way home.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:10 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

HiTempguy wrote:

I do not use the TEO4H 13g from Chrysler cars. I tried it already with very poor results. I'm now using TD04 9g turbos that are rated 230hp. They're almost identical to the 170hp TC04 9b used in the colt but with different ratio and compressor wheel. The size of the turbine make it perfect replacement/upgrade for the 3 cyl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:16 pm 

Silly me :lol: Sorry Jardmuth, I don;t have everything memorized :wink: Were my prices remembered correctly at least?

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:17 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Very nice... your craftsmanship always impresses me. Then again, I've never tried to do something like that myself. :razz:

What's the measurement from the engine to the front of the manifold+Mitsu 9g assembly? Looks like it might just shoehorn in with just a bit of readjustment of the A/C condensor placement. (I know how much Jard loves A/C...)

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:25 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

I don't know, I haven't measured it. I'm sure it would easily clear the a/c condenser. This one is for a MK1, in the case of a mk2 I could have had installed the turbo even farther back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:31 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Jardamuth wrote:
I don't know, I haven't measured it. I'm sure it would easily clear the a/c condenser. This one is for a MK1, in the case of a mk2 I could have had installed the turbo even farther back.

Oooo.

Damn you. Now I'm stuck deciding how to spend my next year's income: on either a new RHF32 or something you whip up. Just when I thought I'd already decided...

PM me if you want me to get some measurements from my car.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:40 pm 

CJDavE wrote:
silverslk wrote:

Don't want to burst your bubble, but there isn't a drop-in replacement for the RHB32, unless you buy an RHF32 (ball bearing). Approximately $850CAD new (I'll be looking into one sometime). Everything else needs a new manifold or an adapter.

Chris

I found this on ebay..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

It has a similar three bolt pattern but without exact nubers I dont know. I too want my A/C (if i didnt want AC I would have kept my VW GTI).......would that manifold and turbo kit clear my ac setup? I am now using 1 quart of oil a day (135 miles) and at 152,000 miles Im sure its the turbo. I am seeing oil in the outlet of my BOV too. I need to do something soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:02 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

Jardamuth wrote:

:ez_eek: :clap: :yeahyeah :worship: :drools:
i think that about sums it up ...
equal length mk1 3cyl big turbo kit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:58 am 
Suzuki Elder

silverslk

that's an rhb5 turbo from a subaru. you could make that work - only not with the stock manifold and piping.

the sad story is that if you want drop in compatibility, you need an rhb32. since they are scarce, you need to pony up large when you run across one.

jardamuth's alternative setup is by far the most elegant craftsmanship i've seen and it's something i aspire to own. maybe if i sold you my spare rhb32 and my complete spare t3 engine and tranny along with the color from my kid's eyes i could send all the moolah to jard for a cool equal length manifold and bigass turbo! :lol:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:40 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
silverslk

that's an rhb5 turbo from a subaru. you could make that work - only not with the stock manifold and piping.

the sad story is that if you want drop in compatibility, you need an rhb32. since they are scarce, you need to pony up large when you run across one.

jardamuth's alternative setup is by far the most elegant craftsmanship i've seen and it's something i aspire to own. maybe if i sold you my spare rhb32 and my complete spare t3 engine and tranny along with the color from my kid's eyes i could send all the moolah to jard for a cool equal length manifold and bigass turbo! :lol:

Thanks for the info. I would probably get his kit IF it was sure to work with an AC car.However, he did say "I HAVEN'T MEASURED IT, but I'M SURE it would clear" NOT exactly "summed up" for me. I need something soon and WANT to upgrade and his kit looks awesome, I just cant lose my AC (its the only car I have with a back seat for taking my wife and son out). Hopefully I can get some measurement and see.

Thanks
Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:44 am 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

Perhaps I woudn't have said 'I'm sure' If I weren't? Just tell me how far from the exhaust flange your a/c condensor sit and I'll have the manifold fitment certified by 2 NASA engineers and 1 suzuki R&D technician just for u.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:52 am 

Jardamuth wrote:
Perhaps I woudn't have said 'I'm sure' If I weren't? Just tell me how far from the exhaust flange your a/c condensor sit and I'll have the manifold fitment certified by 2 NASA engineers and 1 suzuki R&D technician just for u.

Cool, have a rocket scientist have a quick look and have the welds non-destructive tested while your at it. I'm "sure" it will pass even though it has never been done before........