TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: doing a swap
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:51 pm 

so i picked me up 2 turbo donor cars and am wondering other then the normal stuff what all i should remove from the cars. got the engine/trans and computer, fuel pump and sway bars, what else should i grab before i scrap the car?? one is a 90 the other in a 91 and they will be going in a 91 and a 93 fly.

one other question about the ignitor. do i need to swap them as well because of the dizzy and if so what do i do with the wiring. at least for the 91 the stock is a 2 wire (has the vac dizzy) and the turbo ones are a 4 wire with the computer controlled dizzy. i think i can just splice it ln but want to check with the people that have done it already.

and if anyone needs some parts if i have extra send me a pm and we can talk, because i do need 1 pass side caliper and a front sway bar for one of the cars.

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"

Post subject: Re: doing a swap
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 pm 

Grab the midwing/hoodscoop
You do need to use the t3 igniter, replace the front body harness, it's much easier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:22 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Take all of the engine bay wiring and the associated bits (including the igniter, like crnolic said) as well as the instrument panel and wiper/headlight switches. Take the gas tank and fuel pump as well, since the turbo pump is different.

The seats are infinitely more comfortable as well.

My theory: strip as much as you can since you never know what odd part you may need later!

I believe the convertible brakes are the same as the 89-91 turbo cars, if you need replacements. Verify by taking the turbo parts with you to be sure.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:43 pm 

a lot of the car has already been striped. but i am taking as much as i can. thanks for the info on the igniter.

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:07 pm 

For the 93
You can use the rear and dash mk3 harnesses, just requires some swapping of plugs
The mk3 cluster also has a turbo light built in, I ended up using the drl signal wire for the turbo light, you just have to install a bulb and scratch off the green coating on the back of the cluster

If you're using the t3 bumper on the mk3 for the purpose of foglights, might be easier to either source a gt dash harness or use the mk2 and just swap the cluster connectors