TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mk2 Wideband o2 sensor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:38 am 

I recently purchased a new wideband and boost gauge combo. I am having problems with the simulated narrowband output. I cut the connector from an old o2 sensor and soldered it to the wideband harness. With the wb installed and the simulated output disconnect the car runs, however as soon as I connect the simulated narrowband output to the engine harness it stalls and the wb gauge constantly resets. The gauges I bought are digital and are using the same ground and power wire but only the wideband gauge resets.

Has anyone had this issue before?

And if anyone is curious I am running a turbo and intercooler from 1st gen dsm, and 330cc injectors with the factory ecu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:25 am 

Which gauge are you using?

The only one I know of with the simulated narrowband output is the Innovate MTX-L. If that's the one, I am using the narrowband output successfully, so I'll try to help.

1. Which color wire from the gauge did you connect to the engine harness? If it's an MTX-L, it should be the light brown wire.

2. Did you hook up the wideband to your PC to check/set the simulated narrowband signal to what you want?

Quote:
I am running a turbo and intercooler from 1st gen dsm, and 330cc injectors with the factory ecu

Have you done anything to the ECU or are you using the stock maps, and if so, how is that working for you? I can't imagine a trim operation that would stall a car that otherwise runs well, but I'm also surprised you could swap injectors and run a turbo and get things close enough running the stock maps.

You may need to choose a different ground for your wideband too--Innovates are notoriously sensitive to noise.

Spanish Inquisition Racing chip burning service--build yourself a custom chip!
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=57216

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:14 pm 
Island Inbreeder

I didnot use the same ..I used another sensor welded in a bung that was supplied with the gage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:56 pm 

I'm with JVS on this. I would make it a standalone gauge and keep
the stock electronics separate and intact for best results.

I love my wideband AEM Analog A/F sensor, I couldn't be happier.
It came with a bung and a sensor. Easy, simple, Love it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:01 am 

Eh, well if you can't get it to work, ok, but the sensor that works with the wideband heats up faster and you can manipulate closed loop to trim to whatever you want--I generally stick with stoich, but why not be able to dial in some extra mpg by running leaner at cruise if you want it?

Welding a new bung is not a huge hassle either, but why do it if you don't have to? :dunno:

I'm totally happy with running my ECU off the simulated narrowband signal, and it's been working great for me--sure if I'd gotten a better deal on a gauge that wouldn't do that, I'd weld a bung, but might as well take advantage of the functionality is my 2 cts... :alien:

Spanish Inquisition Racing chip burning service--build yourself a custom chip!
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=57216

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:38 am 

I have the apsx2 gauge from wide-band.com

I am using 330cc injectors from a supra, as well a larger MAF housing. Just need to get the wideband working so I can properly "tune" the MAF.