TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 am 

I posted this new instead of in my original post so it wouldent get lost in all my other bull$hit.
My OCD kicked in and I just had to take a look at everything at once (call it over thinking if you like)Pulled the valve cover and timing cover to see everything in action. It all seems right to me but while it was all accessible I just wanted to check it out with you guys.

Timing marks on timing belt gears lined up. Cam mark lined up at 12 o clock with the notch and crank lined up with timing mark on the block
Distributer rotor oriented at 4 o'clock and 10 o clock( my number one spark plug wire is at the 10 o'clock) rotor tab pointing at 4 o'clock.
Cam is starting to move the rocker arms on cylinder one.exhaust closing intake opening.

With crank gear lined up with the block mark and cam gear pointing at 6 o'clock.
Dist at 10 o'clock( number one wire is at 10 o clock) and 4 o'clock rotor tab pointing at 10 o clock
Intake and exhaust valves closed on cylinder one.

If you knew what a bitch it is to get my valve cover off you would understand why I want to make sure it's all good before reassembly.

I don't mind you laughing at me or thinking I'm an idiot, I deserve it but if I didn't do this I would have always wondered if it was right.
Edd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:18 pm 

Having a bit of OCD myself, you're only gonna get two thumbs up from me as I've gone back and re-checked my work more times than I can count.
If you haven't buttoned it back up yet and can afford the little bit of extra time/money, I would encourage you to get one of the special advanced +10 cam sprockets. I a +4 cam sprocket from 3Tech on "Copper Top" but have wished I had gone with the +10 instead.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:00 am 

Yeah. Sometimes my OCD ( self diagnosed ) is a blessing as it makes me check and double check things. On the down side I tend to over think things some times.
I looked into a cam pully change but was told since I have a 87 model it wasn't necessary. I'm open to any suggestions members may have.
Thanks Edd