TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:53 am 

My engine was acting up, sort of surging except with the throttle in one certain position.
I tested my maf per the turbo supplement instructions and everything was good untill I tested the resistance when moving the flap. My readings were all over the place. I inspected the black strip that the sweeper arm rides on and it had a few damaged spots causing my fluctuation when I was testing the ohms.
After looking at it for a few days I figured out a solution.

I removed the plastic "rotor" that houses the sweeper contacts which sits over the flapper shaft and is held on by an Allen bolt.
I then used a dremmel tool to oblong the hole in the rotor that sits over the shaft there by moving my contacts forward just a tad to ride on a virgin part of the strip. There's only a small area for it to ride on so I test fitted it a few times and ended up having to open up the hole the Allen bolt sits in as well.

When resetting my tab I used my original ohm reading as a guide. Didn't mention that did I ? Test you're ohms between connector 5 and 2. You will need this reading to reset you're tab. I set it at 79 ohms this time( original was about 75 , I figured a little higher would make the engine run a tad richer ,as it would think it is getting more air then it is,and I could then tighten my spring to compensate,giving me a tighter spring which I need to tame the door flap.

So it started right up and idles at 12 to 12.5 AFR
I let it fully warm up and was able to rev it which i could not do before with out it breaking up.
Pulled it off the trailer and ran it around the yard and it seems good. My AFR is getting up to 14 (super rich ) when I'm driving but it still runs great. Gonna take it out tomorrow and play with the spring to try to lean it a little bit. I can always readjust the ohms down if I need to.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:36 am 

I would call 14 a smidgen rich, not super rich.

Or am I way off here? I'll be installing a wideband over the winter, so I have no direct experience yet.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:53 am 

To tell you the truth I'm not sure what is ideal. I'd sure rather a little rich than lean though. Just gonna take me some seat time to see what feels right. I'm gonna take baby steps for sure. Before I installed the wide band I had no idea what was going on. You're gonna love the dynojet way more advanced than what I'm running.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:58 am 

Depends on when it's at 14-1. If it's at idle or cruise, that's fine. Under load/boost, it's really lean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:14 pm 

Some times I think I'm dyslexic. 10/1 is what I'm getting above 3000 rpms. It runs decent for about a 1/4 mile then runs like crap.
Mass air flow meter didn't fix my issue so im gonna start with the basics. Pull the and check plugs , check the wires, compression test, check the injectors ect and just work my way through it.
I've already changed tps,knock box, coil and got my mass air flow meter in specs. Not much left.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:46 pm 

Yeah, you're way off. Guessing your clock spring tension got fouled up
when you put it back together. Way too loose.