TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:29 am 

Hi Folks,
The VW-Lupo is a tiny 3-cylinder diesel smaller than a Swift. It does not sell very well in Europe because it is very expensive with all that extra stuff for boosting milage.

According to the official European consumption-rating, the Lupo needs 2.99 Liters for 100km, as opposed to the 1.0 / 3cylinder Swift which is rated at 7.0 Liters for 100km.

Both GM and Ford are laying off workers because people are buying less stone-age gas-guzzlers. Efficient cars rule!

Helmut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:34 am 

I think I'd still like that VW 1.4L TDI at the website. It says 68.9 mpg highway. I'm kinda partial to diesels as my "other car" is a 7.3L F250 Powerstroke but it gets only 15 mpg no matter how I drive it. I still enjoy "the race car", my 99 Chevy Metro 1.0L at over 50 mpg highway on flat roads.

Give it a couple years and the "big 3" here in the US will have the economy cars on their lots. The 2006 models are out, but the 2007/8s could still be gas sippers of they put their mind to it. VW and Honda seem to have the edge on everyone else, since they seem to have the most sensible line-up of cars. Believe it or not, there are still rich people buying <10 mpg SUVs around here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:41 am 

OOPS - looked at the wrong model of VW!

my bad