TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HHO
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:29 pm 

I can't believe I haven't heard of HHO until yesterday.

What's the deal? Have I been under a rock or what?

Has anybody tried one of these kits?

http://www.runcarswithwater.com/water4gas.php

http://aquygen.blogspot.com/

This doesn't appear to be the old water injection system.

2000 Chevy Metro 1.3L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:52 pm 
Bozo the crying clown

It works. But it sure as hell won't double your mileage. You'll pick up a few extra miles per gallon, though. His setup will burn itself out pretty quickly. The wrong type of plastics. Not bad for a homebrew setup. (for experimental purposes only)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:30 pm 

You seem experienced in it. Do you have a setup? Tell me what you got and what your results were. I was thinking about doing it.

2000 Chevy Metro 1.3L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:22 pm 
Suzuki Elder

do not use tap water, especially in your location just outside the permian basin. the chlorine will play havoc with engine internals, double goes for extremely corrosive fluorine that is routinely added to municipal water supplies. thirdly, the ground water from the area of the old permian basin is very salty (the remnants of the ancient permian ocean) and trying to use that to derive useful brown's gas will nearly immediately foul the cathode in the conversion process.

for a suitable water source, be prepared to invest in a reverse osmosis filtration system and a de-ionizer along with the mechanism for self contained hydrolisis. the mineral content of your local water just won't do.

i know this because i spent several years in the roswell, nm area doing experimentation based on the local water quality. i worked in the us navy labs that were built precisely for using the salt laden ground waters of the permian basin for the development of membrane based desalination techniques for modern submarine technology. the geographic location from just east of roswell and throughout most of nevada is the old ocean floor that makes up the primal permian basin.

on a like note, most of the surface waters from the area that flow west to the pacific are so tainted by heavy mineral concentrations that they have devastated populations of wetland birds all the way through california with concentrations of selenium high enough to induce horrible genetic abherations along with heavy metal and salt concentrations that even preclude plant growth in the drainage canals. years of sustained agricultural irrigation through the area has leeched salts from the permian basin to the point of contaminating once potable ground water supplies throughout the region.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:11 pm 

Thanks ragtop! I'll definitely used distilled but I'll probably buy it from the store.

What about the size of the system? Is there a way to see how big of a system I'll need based on my engine size or driving habits? Also, what is a resonable amount of efficiency gain?

I suspect I'd have to buy the e-books and read up on it.

2000 Chevy Metro 1.3L