TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: gas
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:27 pm 

with gas as high as it is ,why have they not brought the metro back out, surely chevrolet could sell them like hotcakes, i get at least 1 or 2 offers each week on mine. :idea:

Post subject: Re: gas
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:31 pm 

Because they make more money selling SUVs, and a lot of people are still willing to buy those.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:35 pm 

greenmachine wrote:
with gas as high as it is ,why have they not brought the metro back out, surely chevrolet could sell them like hotcakes, i get at least 1 or 2 offers each week on mine. :idea:

They did, sorta. Its called the Aveo.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:17 am 

Vilan wrote:
Because they make more money selling SUVs, and a lot of people are still willing to buy those.

No there not! over 700 employees are being laid off in the truck suv plants. They can take buyouts of course. The local janeville assembly plant that makes yukons and tahoes is going from 2 shifts down to one. Sales are slumping and GM is hurting. The aveo is a joke the cobalt is rated for better economy then the aveo :huh: They need to bring the metro back with the G10T a close ratio 6 speed with an extra overdrive. A turbo'd XFI of sorts would be the hot ticket laggy turbo for economy then decent boost up high so it'll merge into traffic with ease. Man I'll stop dreaming now :cry:

94 GEO METRO PARTS FOR SALE EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!
94 XFI rust bucket
96 Honda Accord

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:33 pm 

Well in 2009-2010 Suzuki plans to bring the real Swift (as opposed to the GM/Daewoo/Suzuki pos Aveo/Swift+/Wave/Kalos) and hopefully we'll get an efficient engine with that. Perhaps the 1.2 Diesel :)