TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:27 pm 

I installed an EOC switch today. Here is how I did it, should work on any 89-94 as far as I know.

Supplies needed:
1. momentary switch normally open
2. relay use a good one like Bosch 5 pole 30Amp
3. inline fuse holder capable of 20 amps
4. 15 amp fuse for holder
5. 16 gauge wire use no smaller than this or will over heat
6. ring terminal for grounding momentary switch
7. nylon ties
8. wire loom
9. (2) 1/4" male spade connectors for 16 gauge wire
10. (4) 1/4" female spade connectors used to connect wires to relay
11. Solder and soldering gun a must for underhood wires. Don't want to break down because of bad connections, Do you?

Begin by disconnecting battery. Pull 15 amp injector fuse in under hood fuse panel. Cut 2 sections of wire roughly 6 feet in length. Solder a spade connector onto fuse holder, and one section of above wire to other side of holder, mark this wire with a piece of tape at end. Solder another spade onto second wire used as return from relay. Run these 2 wires into underdash to mount relay. You will need the momentary switch grounded on one side, this will be to trigger relay. The other side of switch goes to relay. Diagram below. Mount your switch wherever it is easy to get to, I used my shifter knob. Once you have all connections made plug the fused wire into fuse panel and the unfused wire in as well. Pic below. Reconnect battery. Install fuse, match the size it calls for 15 Amp on my car. Start car, verify it runs. Press button verify it dies out.

To use while coasting shift to neutral for coast, hit button. Enjoy. Bump start vehicle, no key needed. Just release button, ease out in clutch in a higher gear, do not pop clutch, but do not overly slip either. Takes practice but saves alot of fuel. Questions just ask.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:08 pm 

This setup is very, very similar on the later model cars. I have my 2000 wired almost the exact same way.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:13 pm 

wheelspin1 wrote:
This setup is very, very similar on the later model cars. I have my 2000 wired almost the exact same way.

Thanks for posting that I was not sure if it was or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am 

do you guys have any problem with braking when doing EOC. I did it one day just to try it, but turning the key off, and found the brakes to be much less responsive. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:56 pm 

97metroheaven wrote:
do you guys have any problem with braking when doing EOC. I did it one day just to try it, but turning the key off, and found the brakes to be much less responsive. Thoughts?

You lose vacuum for brake booster, You only have a couple times of "power" during EOC. If you don't have even 2 presses of normal pedal check your check valve on brake booster. Start engine, shut off engine, pull check valve out of brake booster you should hear a sudden rush of air. If not probably a bad check valve. Or could be a leaking booster. Here is a link for a extra couple of times during EOC.http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.p ... -3951.html

Last edited by bbjsw10 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 pm 
Senior Swift Guru

I gtechd same distances with engine off and engine on with full head through window stops from 100km/h.

If your brakes are in proper working order, you should have no problems stopping full force from 100k

If you have any fade on your first push of the pedal, get your brakes checked. Your losing pressure somewhere.

If you actually had ABS or something, then sure... ABS pump in my Aristo is designed for 14V, not 11V that you might see under load with engine off.