TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: stock cam 10* advance ?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:48 am 

Hi guys, thanks for nthe eco cam replys.
Since I moved out of town it looks as though my new eco cam may not be my best choice. Now I prob need the other end of the spectrumm.

***Does anyone run 10* advance with a stock cam one the G10 1L?***

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:26 am 

Johnny Mullet does in one of his cars.
It works well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:25 pm 

I have for the last year or so and here's what I think I've found-if you never get over about 3200 RPM the small cam (XFI no advance) is best,small cam with advance probably best for under 3000 RPM, above that point the larger (stock +10) cam does slightly better (more so the higher you rev) but it's a trade off because no one does 100% highway driving. For me it looks like I gain +2 MPG at 55 MPH (3500 RPM) with the stock cam +10, but I lose more than that at lower speeds and since I probably spend 50% of my commute in each area in the end it's pretty much a wash to slightly worse.
I like the drive-ability of the small cam better so it will go back in next chance I get. I also think the smaller cam does significantly better when the engine is cold so with cold weather coming there's another reason I'm going to switch back soon.

You might want to try the eco cam with no advance first and see how that does, at least that's what I'd recommend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:39 am 

Thanks for reply, I gave my freshend up engine a quick trial at approx +6* and approx +9*. It seemed to lose a bit of bottom end, but at steady hwy speed it seemed to purr a little smoother. (stock cam with stock ign timing).

I put mine back to stock for now. My driveway enters the hwy on a curve. I need all the bottom end I can get in morning rush hr.

Next summer I may do a longer trial with another engine I am in the middle of building.