TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 am 

Not the best car to work with when trying to max fuel obviously, but its all I've got to work with. averaging 27-city 32-highway. Any ideas on what, if any, limitations there are where I can squeeze out some more miles? everything is stock minus a kn filter. Creating a new topic because I'm not really seeing anything for automatics or 1.3l. Looking for anything aside from tranny/motor swapping due to cost reasons. Mostly looking for improvement with city driving.
Thanks for the help.

I'm new here. Please be gentle.

'97 geo 4cyl $3.5k in '09. stock exterior minus wheel upgrade to 15". installed dynomat throughout car (sound deadening), carpet and padding upgraded, custom headliner (walmart fabric is awesome. checkered black gray looks awesome) amp on rear hatch, ddin tv radio in dash.. Had a lot of fun with this project.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 am 

good servicing is a start. You want a smallish intake tract, so stock, and interferenace headers. The best bang for buck thing you can do for mpg is to remove weight, and lots of it. the more the better. the next best thing is a mappable ecu. and just get the dyno operator to tune everything under say half throttle (to save you time and money on the dyno since if you want good mpg you wont be using much over half anyways)

run thinner lower profile tyres and increase your tyre pressure to 40-45 (55psi is max safe recommended so your within that)

I dont knwo the differences beween your car and my gti but i get consistantly 14.5-15km per litre city/freeway 70/30. So basically 7L/100 with all the above things ticked off minue tuned ecu, i have a wofl3d under my bed waiting hahah

mpg figures are roughyl 38mpg