TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:27 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 pm 

SPARE TIRE POST:

Spare Tire Post: I've been told only the 87-88 will be the same for all Sprint models. Another fellow was parting out an 86 and he said his looked different.

If the post and tire well is not rusted out, I'm interested in everything within 12" of the post. (The reinforcement underneath is of no interest to me so don't have to worry about how you cut it out.)

My zip is 15644

Last edited by Nofur Trunions on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:22 pm 

PART FOUND

Finally cut one out of a base model 87.

And get this.... a guy responded to a Craigslist Ad I placed for "87 Chevy Sprint Parts Car" He was one hour away and I had to drive over the summit in western PA. My 135,135,85 compression using oil, burnt valve, G10 was down into 2nd gear on some stretches and yes losing water slowly too. Ha! Can't wait to get the Turbo on the road...

So I got
*) tire post
*) cargo carpet
*) LHS tail light better than the one I just bot
*) fist full of plastic push fasteners
*) hatch threshold trim
*) good usable set of 145r12's

Bummer was that the plastic trim around the rear side window is like someone said, the base model DOES NOT have one! So now I have to determine if it is only the Turbo that has this trim. Maybe there was a LX model or something?