TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:01 pm 

I need atleast 1 factory 12" hubcap for my 87 Turbo Sprint(US) I'd like 2 to have an extra for my Spair.
They don't need to be perfect but I'd like them to look nice from a few yards and not fly off when I get into it. I get paid at the end of the month so name your price(a reasonable price). I do PayPal.
-Found

My intentions are to get the car daily drivable and over time restore the car which finding the parts will prove to be the challenge. I'm not trying to throw together a POS. I found the car 8 hours away from where I live and jumped on it without question I love these little cars.
Thanks for your time.

Does anyone have or would be able to get pictures with measurements of the lower scoop?

Looking for a passenger side mirror

Looking for a Drivers side tail light.

Updated as of 2/24/17

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.

Last edited by 87paperchuckerTurbo on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:42 pm 
Island Inbreeder

87paperchuckerTurbo wrote:
I need atleast 3 factory 12" hubcaps for my 87 Turbo Sprint(US) I'd like 4 to have an extra for my Spair.
They don't need to be perfect but I'd like them to look nice from a few yards and not fly off when I get into it. I get paid at the end of the month so name your price(a reasonable price). I do PayPal.

Next month I will be searching for two front seats in decent condition that won't need to be covered up to look nice.

On the back burn4er I need a grille and scoop but I think I found a supplier that has one.

Thanks for your time.

Welcome to Teamswift
Good luck with your search
.......jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:43 pm 

The sensor you are looking for may be the o2 sensor?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:00 pm 

Rustyoid wrote:
The sensor you are looking for may be the o2 sensor?

This is what I went to 8 parts stores expecting to hear. That was not the case I knew it was likely B.S. When one of the store managers pulled out his phone to look on google :roll: . Im going to seek out a quality service manual for part Identification next. O2 sensor ordered. Thank you!

Car is coming together and my buddy from high school is thrilled to do some body work and paint on something other than another one of my fireturds.

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:24 pm 

Glad I could help, good luck with your search!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:09 pm 

Update: after finding a gm supplier that had a tailight and placing my order I awoke this morning to Grimm news that since gm discontinued the part they can't sell it to me or the factory windshield molding despite having one of each sitting in a warehouse. The cars got new shoes a full tune up and oil change a new clutch and flywheel new windshield is prepped and ready to go in. To do list: new carpet and mats dash pad body/paint suspension and the ever so intimidating DMV inspection. If anyone knows where I can get any of the parts I have listed in the initial post even if it's out of country or over seas I'm all ears.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:25 pm 

87paperchuckerTurbo wrote:
Update: after finding a gm supplier that had a tailight and placing my order I awoke this morning to Grimm news that since gm discontinued the part they can't sell it to me or the factory windshield molding despite having one of each sitting in a warehouse. The cars got new shoes a full tune up and oil change a new clutch and flywheel new windshield is prepped and ready to go in. To do list: new carpet and mats dash pad body/paint suspension and the ever so intimidating DMV inspection. If anyone knows where I can get any of the parts I have listed in the initial post even if it's out of country or over seas I'm all ears.

This information should become a sticky. PAK Motors makes these cars still today in Pakistan. The Suzuki Mehran. Their website offers a customer service contact sheet. They are pretty good about answering back as a lot of Pakistanis speak fluent english. I have some part ordered for my next project. I just pay on a Credit Card. My credit union is really good about confirming odd purchases.

http://www.paksuzuki.com.pk

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)