TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:25 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:41 pm 

Can't roll up the drivers window while driving in 2 of my sprints because the felts they ride on have rotted away. Need to fix the one would like to fix the other does anyone have or is anyone able to source these? I was able to sort of fix a friends window with universal windshield trim and some weatherstrip adhesive but I want to fix my car right. It's not the regulators I need the felt/rubber that lines the inside of the window.

Also want to know the bolt size and thread pitch of the long bolt that secures the bottom of the alternator. I'm sure I could figure it out but after working on countless cars all day I typically open the hood see an issue and unless I'm broken down I'll just close the hood and wait for a failure and get the parts it will take to fix it my time is needed on my turbo project not my dd :oops:

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:36 pm 

As far as the window felt maybe I can help. I successfully used Suzuki Samurai window felt on my 88 mark 1 it worked fine no issues and is available on eBay. eBay item number:262965332923 $20.55 from India.
or eBay item number:202041848866 from New York

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:53 pm 

Sweet thank you! :mrgreen:

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:41 pm 

Its two bolts that hold the alternator from the bottom , not one . The outer bolt is M6 x 1.25 , and the inner bolt is same size and pitch but has round head and square that slots into square opening in alternator bracket that prevents it from spinning , in other words , special Suzuki bolt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:11 pm 

I managed to get a long bolt to secure the alternator on the bottom even made a square alignment sleeve for the one side. Made it 5,000 miles with that thing held on only by the top tensioner bolt. Tore down the alternator and managed to get rid of a crazy knocking noise the fins were making contact with the back of the cage assembly tapped them down replaced the front bearing and it's as good as new minus about half a volt. :lol: thank you for your response!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:57 pm 

Did you find your felt? Is it a 2 door or 4dr I have everything for a 4 door