TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:16 am 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

I'm sorry, It's not possible, you need to swap the entire wiring harness (in/out & console). There is no way you can make the 3cyl harness to fit with Gt ECU harness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:27 pm 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

I believe your metro is a 92 + model? it just make matter worse. Wiring has changed from 91 to 92, even if you hade a 'newer' 92 swift to perform the swap, it wouldn't work anyway. The console (dash) wiring is just one part of the problem. The metro has an ignition module on the harness while the swift don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:28 am 
Senior Swift Guru

There are automotive enthusiats out there who make a Swift motor run with swift ECU with just the basics for what ECU needs for engine control in all kinds of projects. You could do something similar, and keep your metro ecu seperate. Wee bit pain in the butt, but I can't say that I wouldn't do it (I've also played with these cars for a very long time though).

The metro uses different plugs amongst other hassles for no particular reason over the rest of the sprint/swift/fireflys, like jar says, you couldn't simply intergrate both harnesses into one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:08 pm 

I am currently working on a "stand alone" conversion wiring harness for the GTi swaps. It won't be ready for awhile though because I need to test it first with my swap. When I have all the bugs out I would be happy to convert anyone's harness for a fee ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:01 pm 

Actually I did put a 1989 engine ECU wireing harness into a 1995 Geo Metro (newer model)

It will work, BUT you will loose all your check engine lights ect and don't ever try to use the diagnosis plug to find a problem! If you don't mine, I find it a lot easyer to swap the engine that way.

Many people told me It wouldn't work for a long time ect, but it's been almost 2 years without a problem with that (many other problems but nothing with the wireing harness)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:25 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

I'm using my entire wiring harness, since I'm swapping an MK2 engine into an MK3 car. Taking out the dash isn't much of a problem in the vert', since you can take the top outta the way. And take out the splash shields in the wheel wells to run the new wiring, instead of removing the fenders. A couple extra hours to do a proper swap is well worth not having problems from rigging things down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:08 pm 

I couldn't use the whole wireing harness since the headlights connectors and such aren't the same at all on the 95-up models.