TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:43 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bad MAF??
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:41 pm 

Greetings everyone.

Recently I was getting a code 22 and 33. 22 is the TPS so I adjusted it about half a dozen times and it has not come back but the 33 won't seem to go away. I cleaned the element of the sensor with electrical cleaner and that made no difference.

Let me tell you what the symptoms are. I've lost about 6 mpg and the exhaust smells super rich. It surges during normal driving and feels down on power. When the surge happens it feels semi normal until the surge goes away. The idle is a little rough too.

I've tested the MAF with a meter and it seems ok according to the meter but I know by testing other parts on cars, just because the meter says it's good, doesn't mean it actually is.

Has anyone else actually had a MAF fail before? If you did were the symptoms similar?

Post subject: Re: Bad MAF??
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:31 pm 

lxer96 wrote:
Greetings everyone.

Recently I was getting a code 22 and 33. 22 is the TPS so I adjusted it about half a dozen times and it has not come back but the 33 won't seem to go away. I cleaned the element of the sensor with electrical cleaner and that made no difference.

Let me tell you what the symptoms are. I've lost about 6 mpg and the exhaust smells super rich. It surges during normal driving and feels down on power. When the surge happens it feels semi normal until the surge goes away. The idle is a little rough too.

I've tested the MAF with a meter and it seems ok according to the meter but I know by testing other parts on cars, just because the meter says it's good, doesn't mean it actually is.

Has anyone else actually had a MAF fail before? If you did were the symptoms similar?

Did you test the MAF and it's circuit using the factory manual? If you did, then the next step is to borrow one from a friend just to be sure.
Also, what model ECU do you have? If it's an F5 or I3, you might have problems with the a/f-adjusting knob under the dash; which also throws the same code. This option was not available in North America, but you never know if your ECU/harness is imported...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:22 pm 

Yep tested it with a meter according to the manual. I was using a digital meter though so you can't see any jumps as you are moving the throttle plate. It's showing all good. It's not an imported harness. Came out of a 92 auto GT. Can't recall what ECU it is but I know for sure there is no knob. Any one nearby to let me swap one over?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:16 pm 

Hello:

I had a problem 2,4 in the ECU wich is the maf and the problem is that when i acelarate fast, the engine dont rise the rotation and has faults. I dont know how to explain in english but whem you acelarate the engine seems to choke. I have tried to clean it with a eletrical contact spray but without sucess.
I have bought a used maf and after replace it the engine worked fine.
So i recommend to see what flash code does the check engine flashes when you disconnect the ecu coupler, and then you can check if it is the wiring or the coupler of the maf.
Hope to have helped.

Zd