TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:17 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Problem with idle!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:47 pm 

Hey guys, i once opened a thread related to this but now its a little different
I have gone through the troubleshooting but no sucess.

This is not punctual, sometimes the idle is low i push the car a little hard and the rpm get ok, other times is completely the opposite. Today for example, the car idled great, and when exiting the highway the rpms were about 400 rpm
(This can be a hint, i dont know, but even when the car is at normal idle, 900rpm, it has some sort of hesitation, i mean, if i look at the motor is not really static, its like it is misfiring or something, (its not misfiring for sure, just to get the point), its nothing extreme, just some slight more vibration then normal)
Dont know if this is normal too but if at a stop and the engine idling great, if i repeatedly need to press the brake pedal the rpms got low again, And only after pushing it a little hard again it does the trick

Today also noticed the rpms sometimes intead of going from 900 to 500 or so, they got higher, around 1200 rpm, this happened after pushing it really hard

Hope this explanation might help

So here is what i have checked
-No leaks at all
-Intake manifold was completely cleaned
-Checked resistance in 4 injectors, all off them also cleaned
-Checked a new maf, another isc valve
- New coil, new wires, tried another distributor

-The tricky part is the tps. If i try to calibrate it within the factory specs, the rpms are low all the time, its harder to start the car at morning, it will start but at very low rpms, and then some seconds later it goes up to 2400rpm +/- (I usually press the acelerator in order to make it go to 2400rpm right when i start the car, otherwise it would be hesitating a couple seconds). What i do to adjust the tps is adjusting it manually, until i hear that bubbling noise from the intake and the rpms got as near the point they should be as possible. With this done this way, the car starts perfectly at morning
(I'm sure i did the calibration correctly withing spec, i calibrated it a couple times and did the verifying and is was as they say at the workshop manual)

Hope you guys can help me!

Post subject: Re: Problem with idle!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 am 

Up

Any help?