TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Air fuel ratio problems
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:50 pm 

Hi!

I have been dealing with idling problems in my swift for a time now. Idled way too low. Surprisingly the idle is almost great now, from time to time, the idle tends to get a little lower, 700rpm but most of the time is perfect. I still have some jumping through rpms until 3000/3500rpm, car not engaged. Engaged i see no probs.

The problem is that i changed the distributor cap and rotor, (i dont think it was this) and from that time the car is running bad when i push it hard. 1 2 3 gears, i feel no problem, its defenitely fast, but in 4 gear, when i press the pedal down, the car seems to hesitate, the rpms wont move past 5000 or so, like there was no torque! If im not pressing the pedal to the floor, but almost, it runs better. Same happens in fifth gear. Before if i was in 3 or 4 at 50km/h and i pressed the pedal to the floor, the car would just go, now it doesnt, it does the same think i explained before, like if it was detonating. Pretty sure this is a bad Air fuel ratio, but i dont know what is missing. Tps is adjusted the best i can, but it is not perfect! If i disconnect the maf the car dies, the opposite doesnt happen. Which makes me think my tps is damaged.

Can it be the tps? I will try to make a video tomorrow to show you what is happening exactly

If it is the tps, can i change it for another tps from another car? which one? cheaper preferably? I know this has already been answered but i searched and i couldnt find a definitive answer

Thanks in advance and pls give your opinion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:59 pm 

I always use 98 octane fuel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:28 am 

Here are the vids, it was raining today so i couldnt show it perfectly.

First video i putted the car in 3 gear, pedal down or almost down and this happens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IS1GaBwkPE

Dont know if u can hear it, but from second 15 you can hear the exhaust making heird noises and that it will not rev further
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86d2a9eUROw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:25 pm 

Bump

Has anyone ever experienced this before?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:18 pm 

So you changed the distributor cap and this was the result? I would swap another in and see if it changes the behavior. I'm a little confused but I definitely see the issue.

Why are you still questioning the TPS if you have done the necessary checks on it? It's not a complicated sensor so if you get the correct resistances the thing should work.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:14 pm 

Yup, the problem doesnt look like its the tps because i replaced it and the car was just like before. But i dont know what it could be?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:02 pm 

I checked the fuel pressure and it changes each time i push fuel, first it goes to 30psi then 40 then 35, it doesnt have an exact order, but it changes almost 10 psi sometimes. At idle with car fully warmed up it is around 2 bar, 30 psi. Is there the problem? If so what can be the cause? I cleaned injectors and changed fuel rail and filter a year ago

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:19 am 

Bump :?