TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:11 pm 

1996 Metro 1.0L 5sp a/c 3dr hatchback 201000 miles.
I bought the car with 72000 miles from first owner
South Chicago, NW Indiana area. Will not ship, Should not be driven any long distances
Rusty, worn out, Tires are very worn, probably should be parts car but,
It is still in daily use, A/C works, shifts good, Passed last emission test, "Engine Check" light not on, Radio works, no broken glass, all lights work
For some reason the right rear wheel bearing keeps failing and is noisy now.
( Bearing lasts about 3 to 15 months. Just gets noisy. Doesn't stop the car.)
The same wheel has a loose wheel stud making it difficult to tighten the lug nut if the wheel is removed.
Fuel and brake lines are rusted. New line has been spliced in where leaks have developed. After splicing the gas line there is a gas smell if I top off the tank and it can leak if parked on a incline when full.
A bracket holding the rear stabilizer is rusted off allowing the bar to bang around making noise. I don't know the condition of the front lower control arms and am afraid to look.
The engine was replaced 9000 miles ago. The replacement engine has noisy lifters.
I drove it 60 miles yesterday at up to 70 mph for part of the trip but I just don't trust it any more. $600 obo
I bought a 2005 Malibu 4 cyl to replace it. I couldn't find a rust free metro.
djohn393 "at" yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:47 pm 
@ssclown

i don't know if you've still got the car or not but if the rear wheel bearing is continually wearing out there are obviously damaged parts other than the wheel bearing so maybe try going to a wrecker and getting a good used entire lower control arm, brake drum, spindle, etc. and replace the whole thing.